PDA

View Full Version : New batch of Little Swifts and Side Kicks showing as available!

eliza
12-06-2016, 06:05 PM
Missed out on the 28th but just ordered a LS!!♥

tebnewyork
12-06-2016, 06:12 PM
Dang no black halcyon/island. If I missed it wasn't by much. I'd just checked like 30 min before your thread.

tuskegee7294
12-06-2016, 06:18 PM
Just purchased a black/UV Side Kick....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

timarelay
12-06-2016, 06:30 PM
Wow these go quickly! I was hesitating and missed the Aubergine/Sitka again! I think I'm happy with my Aubergine/Wasabi, but am eyeing the black halcyon/sitka if that ever comes back.

eliza
12-06-2016, 06:38 PM
Aubergine/Sitka shows up for me. Hope you get one! @timarelay

timarelay
12-06-2016, 06:47 PM
Nope, still too late. =/ Says it's sold out when I get to the check out process. It's okay though!

kkintea
12-06-2016, 07:07 PM
Wow these go quickly! I was hesitating and missed the Aubergine/Sitka again! I think I'm happy with my Aubergine/Wasabi, but am eyeing the black halcyon/sitka if that ever comes back.

From @Darcy in another thread:

No: the Side Kick in Black Halcyon/Island isn't ready yet and thus wasn't added to the website this evening.

The production crew is still working on bags in these color combinations, so they aren't available for order just quite yet:

Side Kick, Black Halcyon/Island

Little Swift, Aubergine/Island
Little Swift, Nordic/Sitka
Little Swift, Black Halcyon/Sitka

Pokilani
12-06-2016, 07:07 PM
Dang no black halcyon/island. If I missed it wasn't by much. I'd just checked like 30 min before your thread.

That one is not ready yet, as per Darcy from another thread. Also, no Halcyon/Sitka LS. Those are the two I am waiting for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moriond
12-06-2016, 07:16 PM
That one is not ready yet, as per Darcy from another thread. Also, no Halcyon/Sitka LS. Those are the two I am waiting for.

I thought I saw the Black Halcyon/Sitka Little Swift up soon after Darcy's post, but there were only a few by the time I looked (maybe 3?; I wasn't ordering any Little Swifts -- just checking on the numbers)

moriond

Pokilani
12-06-2016, 07:17 PM
I thought I saw the Black Halcyon/Sitka Little Swift up soon after Darcy's post, but there were only a few by the time I looked (maybe 3?; I wasn't ordering any Little Swifts -- just checking on the numbers)

moriond

Wait, what? I thought Darcy said that color was still in production? Ah well.

Darcy
12-06-2016, 07:42 PM

Black Halcyon/Sitka is still in production! None made it on to the website tonight.

Pokilani
Black Halcyon/Sitka is still in production! None made it on to the website tonight.

Whew!

moriond

No, Darcy said that Black Halcyon/Island was still in production. At the time I looked (admittedly not that fast), Black Halcyon/Island was the only LS still in production. I clicked on Black Halcyon/Sitka to see how many were left, and I think there may have been 3 at the time. If I'm actually ordering items I get too panicked to check remaining quantities. As a spectator, I can up the product count until the availability box greys out to check the remaining stock in inventory. Quite a few Steel Ballistic/Nordic at the time, I thought.

HTH

moriond

kkintea
12-06-2016, 07:45 PM
Neat trick! Only 6 left on the Side Kick combo I just ordered.

moriond
12-06-2016, 07:46 PM
No, Darcy said that Black Halcyon/Island was still in production. At the time I looked (admittedly not that fast), Black Halcyon/Island was the only LS still in production. I clicked on Black Halcyon/Sitka to see how many were left, and I think there may have been 3 at the time. If I'm actually ordering items I get too panicked to check remaining quantities. As a spectator, I can up the product count until the availability box greys out to check the remaining stock in inventory. Quite a few Steel Ballistic/Nordic at the time, I thought.

HTH

moriond

OK, I'm confused. Maybe I was hallucinating. On my phone Black Halycon/Island was greyed out, but I thought I checked there were two or three Black Halcyon/Sitka LS. And I also thought I saw a few folks on Ravelry report they had gotten this color combination, but maybe that was another Sitka color combination.

moriond

pammy
12-06-2016, 07:51 PM
If I'm actually ordering items I get too panicked to check remaining quantities.

This made me laugh out loud. With the five-minute time limit on the cart, I feel the panic too. Tonight I ordered an aubergine/Sitka LS because even though I bought three during the first round, I am gifting two and I've convinced myself that I can use another one. I just don't know what colors I will keep and what I will gift until I see the aubergine/Sitka combo in the flesh. If I had more than five minutes, I might have added a few other things, but the pressure to checkout was too great. So only a large fjord Snake Charmer joined the order. Teaches me to add things ahead of time to my wishlist so I won't forget them in my haste.

pockets
12-06-2016, 07:51 PM
So can we assume that they won't be showing up on the website tonight (so I can pretend that I am not constantly refreshing so I don't miss it--this is a dream combination of my wife's!)

moriond
12-06-2016, 08:06 PM
OK, I may have hallucinated the Black Halcyon/Sitka Little Swift, but I recall I saw the post go up from @automaticsoap, who later posted in response to @tebnewyork's query about whether Black Halcyon/Island was up with:

I don't think so. I think that's the only color combination that still showed as in production when I first saw the page.

And when I went to look at the Little Swift web page I agreed with the above statement that Black Halcyon/Island was the only one that wasn't in stock. Then, unless this is a hallucination, I clicked on Black Halcyon/Sitka to check how many were there -- purely in academic interest, although @pammy laughed at my statement about not being able to check inventory quantities if I'm ordering these myself, and I swear I saw that there were just two or three, but that they were there on the product page!

All too nerve-wracking

moriond

pockets
12-06-2016, 08:11 PM
They are showing up as in production for me. When i click on Black Halcyon/sitka i get the option to enter my email for notification.

moriond
12-06-2016, 08:14 PM
They are showing up as in production for me. When i click on Black Halcyon/sitka i get the option to enter my email for notification.

I did the check on Black Halcyon/Sitka quite a while ago -- immediately after I read @automaticsoap's post 2 hours ago.

moriond

ETA: I didn't expect them to last more than ten minutes. But maybe both @automaticsoap who posted the alert, and I fantasized this.

pammy
12-06-2016, 08:17 PM
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Since this is a thread for both the LS and SK coming back into stock, I read tebnewyork's post to mean she was looking for the SK in black halcyon/island. The LS never came in that combo, only the Swift, right?

moriond
12-06-2016, 08:25 PM
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Since this is a thread for both the LS and SK coming back into stock, I read tebnewyork's post to mean she was looking for the SK in black halcyon/island. The LS never came in that combo, only the Swift, right?

Good point. I think I'm just confused. I checked both Side Kick and Little Swift pages. I may just have muddled the two. I think I checked on Aubergine/Sitka for the Little Swift, and may have muddled the two. I'm not a major team Sitka player, though I like to track this for friends.

moriond

Pokilani
12-06-2016, 08:26 PM

The LS did not come in Halcyon/Island. I would have been all over it.

pammy
12-06-2016, 08:29 PM

Oh, yes, definitely me too. I keep eyeing the full size Swift since it is stunning in that combination. If only it had a little sister...

moriond
12-06-2016, 08:37 PM

Me three. The LS options for Black Halcyon were Monarch or Sitka.

anarchone
12-06-2016, 08:56 PM
I ordered a Steel & Fjord Little Swift tonight. I have so many black bags and thought I'd try out this combo. I just love Fjord and am so happy to get a LS with Fjord lining! :)

Ovis Obscura
12-06-2016, 09:53 PM
Seriously, y'all. Go buy the Steel/Fjord Little Swift. Please please please so I don't. Fjord is the only lining color I don't have, it's one of my favorites, and it's the other color (other than Monarch) in which I don't have a Knitting Stuff Sack. I already own three Little Swifts. I really should not, SHOULD NOT buy another one.

...but I really want to...

speckel
12-06-2016, 09:55 PM
I also ordered a Steel/Fjord LS. This is my 3rd order is 6 days. I have got to stop. I have presents to buy for other people. In my defense I didn't realize it was a LE, and totally thought I could pick one up later. Then I was reading more in depth here and in the Ravelry group and realized it was now or probably never.

scribe
12-06-2016, 09:56 PM
As a spectator, I can up the product count until the availability box greys out to check the remaining stock in inventory.

Cool trick! Looks like I snapped up one of the last remaining Black/UV SKs (only one left at time of writing) - yay for insomnia!

haraya
12-06-2016, 10:09 PM
Me four! Instead I "had" to get the Swift in Black Halcyon/Island, and then the LS in Black/Fjord (thank goodness my mom gave me my birthday present early!! :)). Otherwise I might've just stuck with the LS. And as it turns out the Swift is great for my winter use when I carry a bit more gear. I'm very happy to have the lighter fabric for the bigger bag. Very clever of the Crew! ;)

haraya
12-06-2016, 10:15 PM
There are only about 4 left now, you should order quick!! ;) You can always rehome one of the others later... :) #evilenabler

TRD
12-06-2016, 10:17 PM
My black halcyon is gone already *sob* I didn't check email in time.

Back to waiting. *sigh*

afsheen
12-06-2016, 11:06 PM
If I'm actually ordering items I get too panicked to check remaining quantities. As a spectator, I can up the product count until the availability box greys out to check the remaining stock in inventory.

I used to do that as well, but I've found a quicker way! Just type an absurdly large number (I usually go with 999) into the quantity box, then hit enter - you'll get a message along the lines of "You can only add 8 Aeronaut 45 - Steel/Iberian to the cart" and presto! Now you know how many are left.

TRD
12-06-2016, 11:14 PM
I used to do that as well, but I've found a quicker way! Just type an absurdly large number (I usually go with 999) into the quantity box, then hit enter - you'll get a message along the lines of "You can only add 8 Aeronaut 45 - Steel/Iberian to the cart" and presto! Now you know how many are left.

That's a good tip!

GoStanford
12-06-2016, 11:15 PM
It seems to me that this strategy could be used to stockpile rarer items...making it hard for those who just want one and would be happy to get to the website before the supply runs out. :(

Though probably the majority only want one in any particular color combination. In any case, it is great to see this design back in production, even if for a limited time.

sageeyes
12-07-2016, 12:16 AM
Ugh, so gutted I missed both the black and the steel combo's I wanted, as I'm over in London and the alerts went out while we were all sleeping over here. :-( Maybe I'll be able to get a halcyon/stika if the alerts come at an okay time.

scribe
12-07-2016, 12:49 AM
It's a bummer, isn't it? I would have missed the black/UV SK if I hadn't happened to be awake at 3am and decided to check Ravelry on my phone! I pretty much ran to my laptop, checked my email and then went straight to my wishlist, which I'm keeping open in my browser.

ETA: Black/UV isn't even listed as "in production" now that it's sold out. I guess the website will need updating once the crew get into work!

cujo
12-07-2016, 09:01 AM
Luckily I happened to be sitting at my computer when the email arrived ... in for a Sidekick. I wanted black ballistic but just couldn't stomach the ultraviolet interior, so I'm giving black halcyon a try.

I miss solar.

LilAve
12-07-2016, 09:10 AM
The sight of an in-production Nordic/Sitka LS excites me. I hope there are more bags being made with this colorway in the future too!

Ovis Obscura
12-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Are they doing another Really This Is The Last Batch of Little Swifts? Because colorways are showing as "In Production," but I thought this was the last batch.

ceepee
12-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Are they doing another Really This Is The Last Batch of Little Swifts? Because colorways are showing as "In Production," but I thought this was the last batch.

I think they will keep going until the fabric runs out :)

viewsnortheast
12-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Goodness, they do go fast! I got an email notification about the black halcyon/sitka little swift and it was gone before I could get to the website. :eek:

Pokilani
12-07-2016, 12:55 PM
Goodness, they do go fast! I got an email notification about the black halcyon/sitka little swift and it was gone before I could get to the website. :eek:

When did you get that notification? Darcy confirmed that they didn't come out with that color way in the release last night and I didn't receive anything today...

shinyacorn
12-07-2016, 01:00 PM
So happy I finally got a SK yesterday!!! :D

PrimalMama
12-07-2016, 01:25 PM
GAHHHHH. I missed any sort of combo I like... again. dang it, I've just gotta stop being busy and sleeping and stuff.

I wish there were a way to pay now for something that's in production.

PrimalMama
12-07-2016, 01:28 PM
I take that back, there's Verde/UV and Aubergine Wasabi in the little swift and Verde/UV in the Side Kick... but not my first choice, so I'm second guessing it, and those will probably be gone by the time I make up my dang mind and have time to go through with a purchase. *pout* LOL

Darcy
12-07-2016, 03:12 PM
There will be a one more one more one more batch of Little Swifts! This batch will use all of the remaining limited edition color (Monarch, Fjord, Sitka) fabric. And this will be the very last batch for sure. Here are the colors that will be in the last batch of Little Swifts:

Aubergine/Sitka
Aubergine/Island
Black Halcyon/Sitka
Black/Fjord
Steel/Fjord

Still to come/be added to the website from the second batch of Little Swifts are the following colors:
Aubergine/Island
Black Halcyon/Sitka
Nordic/Sitka

We're just now beginning the very last batch of Little Swifts and we don't have an estimated ship date. When all of one color combination is finished by our production crew, it will be added to the website, and not at any particular time of day and with no advance warning. The best and only way to be notified when the Little Swift is added to the website is to go to the Little Swift page, click on the In Production color(s) you're interested in, and sign up to be notified via email. I know this might not work for everyone and I am sorry for that because I wish it did. This is the best way we can think of right now (amidst everything else we're working on here) to make this work. I can't promise that we'll have enough Little Swifts in this very last batch for everyone who wants one, but I just want everyone to know that we are trying our very best to get as close to that as we can! :)

Ovis Obscura
12-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Dangerous! I don't think I'll have the willpower to resist the Steel/Fjord....

PrimalMama
12-09-2016, 12:37 PM
So I didn't miss the Aubergine/Island second batch (of little swifts, anyway)? YAY!

... I had a lot of "this is now in stock" notifications and probably didn't read them as carefully as I should've :-D

kkintea
12-13-2016, 07:11 AM
Got an alert about the monarch travel tray and quickly checked my phone to see that the LITTLE SWIFTS were also back in stock! I flew to my laptop like Christmas morning and ordered Black Halcyon/Sitka. I was signed up to get the alert on this bag coming back in stock but either I never got it or it hasn't gone out yet.

moriond
12-13-2016, 07:18 AM
Got an alert about the monarch travel tray and quickly checked my phone to see that the LITTLE SWIFTS were also back in stock! I flew to my laptop like Christmas morning and ordered Black Halcyon/Sitka. I was signed up to get the alert on this bag coming back in stock but either I never got it or it hasn't gone out yet.
@kkintea

The forum alert system from members seems to work faster on NEW Little Swifts that were in production being back in Stock!

moriond

TRD
12-13-2016, 07:18 AM

I didn't get an alert either but saw them and ordered the exact same one. *happy dance*

brendabethman
12-13-2016, 07:21 AM
I passed on the LS since I already have two. But I got a Black Halcyon/Island Swift and Small Snake Charmer in Sitka! I blame/thank @Pokilani (who often functions as my Tom Bihn alert system [emoji6])

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pokilani
12-13-2016, 07:23 AM
But I got ... Small Snake Charmer in Sitka! I blame/thank @Pokilani (who often functions as my Tom Bihn alert system [emoji6])

Goes both ways!

brendabethman
12-13-2016, 07:25 AM
Goes both ways!

What's a friendship without a little enabling? :-)

moriond
12-13-2016, 07:25 AM
Goes both ways!

And, the Snake Charmers in LE Halcyon are also available again

moriond

kkintea
12-13-2016, 07:26 AM
I passed on the LS since I already have two. But I got a Black Halcyon/Island Swift and Small Snake Charmer in Sitka! I blame/thank @Pokilani (who often functions as my Tom Bihn alert system [emoji6])

I have that Swift combo on my wishlist. I couldn't order it this time because I had to splurge on 3-day to get the Little Swift here before we leave for the holidays and I needed another large shop bag. The brown santa will be visiting us two days this week (side kick from last week's order arrives tomorrow).

kkintea
12-13-2016, 07:30 AM
The email alert on the LS came at 9:21 am EST. I ordered at 9:07 with all colors available. Steel/fjord is back 'in production' and Black/fjord is completely gone now at 9:30.

moriond
12-13-2016, 07:34 AM
The email alert on the LS came at 9:21 am EST. I ordered at 9:07 with all colors available. Steel/fjord is back 'in production' and Black/fjord is completely gone now at 9:30.

Yes, I noted that. But Sitka is still available. Also the Limited Edition Halcyon items are back in the Snake Charmers. Those of you who bookmarked the old Surprise Debuts (https://www.tombihn.com/products/debut) web page can access links in the LE Halcyon by product.

moriond

kkintea
12-13-2016, 07:35 AM
I refreshed the page and now Black/fjord is 'in production' again. Hopefully there's still a chance for folks looking for black or steel ballistic exterior.

bermudajes
12-13-2016, 07:45 AM
Grrrr! I was driving into work when this all went down. I bought a black halcyon/monarch LS during the first run, but it turns out I really prefer ballistic for this particular style. I had my eyes set on either the steel/fjord or the black/fjord - both gone already! I thought this was the absolute last run of the LS, so I'm hoping they really are back to being "in production."

Bijouxandbeads
12-13-2016, 07:51 AM
I'm so happy! I got the LS in Nordic/Sitka that had disappeared out of my cart on debut day. Now just to wait for a black Halcyon/island sidekick, but at least I know those will be around for a while so the LS is the one I was really pining for. Happy dance!

haraya
12-13-2016, 08:07 AM
Maybe post an ISO over on the Ravelry forum? I feel like there were people who were unsure if they preferred ballistic or Halcyon, so you might luck out on a swap/rehome. (That is, if "in production" doesn't work out for you.)

Grrrr! I was driving into work when this all went down. I bought a black halcyon/monarch LS during the first run, but it turns out I really prefer ballistic for this particular style. I had my eyes set on either the steel/fjord or the black/fjord - both gone already! I thought this was the absolute last run of the LS, so I'm hoping they really are back to being "in production."

timarelay
12-13-2016, 08:14 AM
No! I'm so sad. I live in Seattle and woke up a little late today and missed the Black halcyon/sitka again. Damn. :(

moriond
12-13-2016, 08:16 AM
No! I'm so sad. I live in Seattle and woke up a little late today and missed the Black halcyon/sitka again. Damn. :(

There was still one Black Halcyon/Sitka LS available 10 minutes ago, but it sold in within that minute. Sorrow! (Another Sitka colors?)

moriond

ETA: Maybe Nordic/Sitka or Aubergine/Sitka?

timarelay
12-13-2016, 08:23 AM
There was still one Black Halcyon/Sitka LS available 10 minutes ago, but it sold in within that minute. Sorrow! (Another Sitka colors?)

moriond

I'm extremely picky about colors, which is part of why I only buy bags every few years. =/

So... I just ordered several so I can see if there's any colors I like as second choice. I was up late last night working on a presentation (hence why I slept in today) so I don't have the mental capacity to deliberate quickly right now.

eliza
12-13-2016, 08:40 AM
Yay! Got the Small Shop Bag in Sitka I'd wanted on 11/28 but couldn't get due to checkout issues. Also, got a Small Snake Charmer in Sitka. ♥♥

K9TB
12-13-2016, 09:02 AM
Ack! I missed the Ballistic LS I'd been waiting for. Darcy, can I put in a vote to make some more Black or Steel Ballistic LS's lined with NW Sky? I love the LE colors, and would love to get one of those fun linings, but I'd hate to miss out entirely.

EDIT: I was late to the party this morning, so assumed I missed them. But Darcy did say that colors would be added as they became available, and Steel and Black Ballistic are available as I type! I grabbed a Steel/Fjord, and can't wait to see it!

haraya
12-13-2016, 09:15 AM
As with bermudajes... I feel like there was someone on Rav who had the Halcyon LS but wanted ballistic, so you might put out an ISO over there. There's always a chance that someone with multiple LS may eventually rehome your first choice, it doesn't hurt to put word out there! :)

I'm extremely picky about colors, which is part of why I only buy bags every few years. =/

So... I just ordered several so I can see if there's any colors I like as second choice. I was up late last night working on a presentation (hence why I slept in today) so I don't have the mental capacity to deliberate quickly right now.

bermudajes
12-13-2016, 09:15 AM
Hurry, Steel Ballistic LS is back in stock! I just snagged one!

ETA: @timarelay - black halcyon/sitka is also back!

timarelay
12-13-2016, 09:18 AM
As with bermudajes... I feel like there was someone on Rav who had the Halcyon LS but wanted ballistic, so you might put out an ISO over there. There's always a chance that someone with multiple LS may eventually rehome your first choice, it doesn't hurt to put word out there! :)

Ah, good to know! It appeared back in stock so I finally actually got one though! So happy!

(But also still so nervous about my presentation today. Eep!)

moriond
12-13-2016, 09:22 AM
Hurry, Steel Ballistic LS is back in stock! I just snagged one!

ETA: @timarelay - black halcyon/sitka is also back!

Yes! Guys, refresh your browser on the Little Swift page. Added LSs in Black Halcyon/Sitka and Steel/Fjord so far.

moriond

moriond
12-13-2016, 09:24 AM
Ah, good to know! It appeared back in stock so I finally actually got one though! So happy!

Yes, but think how that Steel/Fjord Little Swift will add to your confidence… So happy that you got the LS that you wanted. That's a beautiful color combination.

moriond

moriond
12-13-2016, 09:25 AM
Ack! I missed the Ballistic LS I'd been waiting for. Darcy, can I put in a vote to make some more Black or Steel Ballistic LS's lined with NW Sky? I love the LE colors, and would love to get one of those fun linings, but I'd hate to miss out entirely.

@K9TB Check the Little Swift pages again for more new options, including combinations that sold out earlier this morning.

moriond

Darcy
12-13-2016, 09:29 AM

The Little Swifts added to the website today are the very last production run, so no more will be made. We did just add more Steel/Fjord to the website, and there's several Black/Fjord that will be added to the website within moments. Note: we cannot add the Black/Fjord Little Swift to existing orders. If you'd like to add a Black/Fjord Little Swift to your existing order or switch to that color, we kindly ask that you place a new order for Black/Fjord and emailus@tombihn.com with further instructions. :)

Good luck with your presentation today! Sending good supportive thoughts your way. :)

scribe
12-13-2016, 09:44 AM
Nabbed myself a bunch of sitka goodies a couple of hours ago (including the black halcyon LS), and they've already shipped - Santa may be a bit early next week :D

RDR3
12-13-2016, 09:54 AM
Thank you TB Crew! I snagged a LS BH/Sitka and a few more accessories :)

sageeyes
12-13-2016, 09:56 AM
I am so excited! I freakishly managed to check my phone at the right time today and see the emails, and was able to place an order(through my phone, no less) for all the LE fabric travel trays and snake charmers that I wanted.

Most joyous of all, I was able to get a Black Halcyon/Sitka LS!!! Well that just made my Xmas a whole lot more fun!

And I have to say, I just got off the phone with a super helpful gal at TB about combining my two orders into one - can I just say, whoever I just spoke to is the GOLD STANDARD example of customer service. She was helpful and polite and accommodated my requests and was so dang pleasant to talk to. I wish I would have asked her name, because the whole world should know how awesome she is.

Darcy
12-13-2016, 10:03 AM
And I have to say, I just got off the phone with a super helpful gal at TB about combining my two orders into one - can I just say, whoever I just spoke to is the GOLD STANDARD example of customer service. She was helpful and polite and accommodated my requests and was so dang pleasant to talk to. I wish I would have asked her name, because the whole world should know how awesome she is.

That was Kat, a bag guru/customer service/all around rockstar here. She's also responsible for much of the box art you see! I shared your comments w/Kat and Mike and it made their day. Kat says: "I was happy to help!"

tebnewyork
12-13-2016, 10:09 AM
Darcy - I've been freakishly checking for the SK's (Black Halcyon/Island) and had a 6.5 hour no wifi flight yesterday where I thought for sure I'd miss them. Any estimated ETA?

sageeyes
12-13-2016, 10:09 AM
@Darcy Thank you for telling her! I used to work in customer service in high end retail, and so I know how stressful being a customer service rep can be, and how important it is to have the hard work you do acknowledged.

Most people are pretty quick to fire off an email or a comment when something is wrong, but they don't take they time to shout it from the roof when it's right. So thank you again Kat, and Mike, and Darcy, and all you fabulous TB folks for being great at your jobs and taking care of all us TB fans! <3

BWeaves
12-13-2016, 10:39 AM
I believe I've bought way more excellently designed and crafted TB items than I normally would have due to the excellent customer service staff.

I've always bought way more than normal when I am waited on excellently!

Thank you all!

Darcy
12-13-2016, 10:43 AM
Darcy - I've been freakishly checking for the SK's (Black Halcyon/Island) and had a 6.5 hour no wifi flight yesterday where I thought for sure I'd miss them. Any estimated ETA?

I checked w/our production crew and it sounds like Side Kicks could be back on the website as soon as the middle/end of this week....

tebnewyork
12-13-2016, 10:53 AM
great thanks.

timarelay
12-13-2016, 11:00 AM
Good luck with your presentation today! Sending good supportive thoughts your way. :)

Thank you! =D I think my nerves are finally settling. Using some of this downtime to unwind by deciding if I want to bite the bullet on a few accessories in my wishlist.

falconea
12-13-2016, 11:03 AM
<Sob> - I missed the Black Halcyon/Fjord Little Swift.

I did however snag the Nordic/Sitka LS so not all is lost. And to make up for the missing Black Halcyon I orderd a Steel.

And I got my Sitka STTs!

Darcy, everyone at TB must be happy with the massive sales? Is this something you would consider doing again, with other long gone products, such as the Kit?

Audrey

moriond
12-13-2016, 11:36 AM

I did however snag the Nordic/Sitka LS so not all is lost. And to make up for the missing Black Halcyon I orderd a Steel.

And I got my Sitka STTs!

Darcy, everyone at TB must be happy with the massive sales? Is this something you would consider doing again, with other long gone products, such as the Kit?

Audrey

Hi Audrey,

There were not Black Halcyon/Fjord Little Swifts offered this round. The only Black Halcyon Little Swift Options had interior colors of Monarch and Sitka. See the Surprise Debuts (https://www.tombihn.com/products/debut) web page that Darcy suggested we bookmark for both orders on debut day and for the restock -- look at the grouping of items under Fjord. The only Little Swift options in Fjord were Black (Ballistic)/Fjord and Steel (Ballistic)/Fjord, so I would be pretty happy about managing to snag a Steel / Fjord LS.

What Kit options were you wondering about? (Or is this about having new Ballistic Nylon Colors for the Kit -- selections after Aubergine, which might have been the last ?) I'm another fan of the Kit (and Kiwi, as you know). I always wondered how they managed to have the last available colors for the Kit (before it retired for good) be Kiwi!

HTH

moriond

ETA: Just to emphasize:

You did not miss the Black Halcyon/Fjord Little Swift. There was no such option available -- the only Little Swifts with Fjord were Black and Steel Ballistic Nylon, and you got Steel/Fjord.

Ovis Obscura
12-13-2016, 12:03 PM
Thank you, TB Crew! I managed to resist the Steel/Fjord LS (I have three of those splendid little guys now, plus I bought a couple for other people), but I happily purchased two Small Travel Trays in Fjord and Monarch, plus a Small Shop Bag in Ultraviolet. And I just got my shipping confirmation! I love all the LE colors and was happy to get the chance to purchase several different things.

You are all fabulous.

pammy
12-13-2016, 02:24 PM
To Tom, Darcy, and the amazing TB Crew, thank you so much for this limited run of the Little Swift, especially with the limited edition halcyon colors. I know there has been almost a campaign of sorts to bring back the LS, and itís awesome that you guys made it happen. Itís a wonderful opportunity for those of us who did not know about TB when the LS was available.
Hoping everyone was able to get the Little Swift in the color they were hoping for during this final run. :D

Duggy'sMom
12-13-2016, 08:00 PM
I was lucky enough to grab 2 LS during the debut (1 Aubergine/Sitka and 1 Black Halcyon/Sitka) but for some weird obsessive reason, I can't help but refreshing the LS page to see what is left!

Maybe some part of me wants to get a third one in a different color?

TRD
12-13-2016, 09:21 PM
There are 10 or so black/fjords in stock right this moment.

Rocks
12-13-2016, 10:13 PM
I am not a purse person. I'm a backpack person, a bike commuter, a walker-abouter.

HOLY CARP I LOVE THE LS! I got it a half hour ago, steel/fjord (too dark to take pictures right now, sad face) and I can't take my eyes off it. The proportions are perfect. I heart it. I think it will accompany me on flights instead of a Copilot, and I certainly think it will be cool for a trip to London next month.
:D

jess
12-14-2016, 06:35 AM
There are 10 or so black/fjords in stock right this moment.

Did you get one? I couldn't resist and have yet another LS coming my way. I think the Black Ballistic/Fjord is so pretty! I do wish it had been Black Halcyon but heck I'll take what I can get lol!

pammy
12-14-2016, 09:21 AM
Just got an email that Black halcyon/Island Side Kicks are back in stock. Get yours now! :)

brucep
12-14-2016, 09:26 AM
CHICKEN RUN!

tebnewyork
12-14-2016, 09:32 AM
Wooohooo. I got the SKs I needed one for me and one as a gift.

Thank you Darcy and the whole crew for getting this batch done in time to get them to their destinations for the holidays!

Terry

capncat
12-14-2016, 09:34 AM
HOT DOG, i finally get a chance to snag a black halcyon / island sidekick ANNNNNNND submit my final student loan payment within minutes of each other?! BANNER DAY, Y'ALL

Denise Denise
12-14-2016, 09:54 AM
I just snapped up two sidekicks.....one in aubergine for me and one in black halcyon for mom....we are traveling next week and she needs a better purse to use in her wheelchair

Pokilani
12-14-2016, 10:21 AM
I resisted. 2017 will be my year for the SK. Hopefully they will continue to make it in Black Halcyon/Island.

Bijouxandbeads
12-14-2016, 10:30 AM
I resisted. 2017 will be my year for the SK. Hopefully they will continue to make it in Black Halcyon/Island.

You are a stronger woman than I - but I am just so happy to get to see what that little sucker looks like in person, especially after all the raves here in the forum.

Hawaii
12-14-2016, 10:34 AM
Oh no. Missed AGAIN!!!

psvenndex
12-14-2016, 10:40 AM
Me too, even with the email notification!

MinotLight
12-14-2016, 10:59 AM
UGH! I was in a meeting when the notice came out. I've been refreshing the page multiple times a days. So sad to have missed again. Wish I could just order it now and have it ship when ready.

I put my name back on the list with both work and home email.

prairiegl
12-14-2016, 01:06 PM
I am very glad I got a LS in the aubergine/island colors -- I didn't think they would vanish quite as quickly as they have!

Ovis Obscura
12-14-2016, 04:55 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! (Especially on paying off your student loan!)

Ovis Obscura
12-14-2016, 05:35 PM
No one here would blame you.

ladyinblack1964
12-14-2016, 08:32 PM
I just saw on the Facebook page that this is it for the Little Swifts. There won't be any more, and I really wanted the Black Halcyon/Sitka. I did not order it and now it's gone. I didn't realize they were being discontinued again. A bit disappointed. I was going to try and sell my Aubergine/Wasabi Swift, or trade it. :(

MinotLight
12-15-2016, 11:00 AM
So excited-just ordered a side kick!!! It's going to be a very merry Christmas!!!

moriond
12-15-2016, 11:13 AM
So excited-just ordered a side kick!!! It's going to be a very merry Christmas!!!

Great! Did you order Aubergine/Island, Black/UV, or Black Halcyon Island for your Side Kick?

moriond

moriond
12-15-2016, 11:14 AM
Oh no. Missed AGAIN!!!

More Side Kicks are in stock.

moriond

MinotLight
12-15-2016, 12:31 PM
Great! Did you order Aubergine/Island, Black/UV, or Black Halcyon Island for your Side Kick?

moriond
Black Halcyon Island! So happy! I was in my work holiday lunch but snuck out to make my order. Added a small snake charmer in Fjord too. On the release day I got a small Fjord travel tray. It arrived but I gave it to my husband to wrap so I'm looking forward to Christmas!

My oldest is a senior in high school looking at colleges. She's gotten accepted to 4 of 5 she's applied to-just waiting to hear on the 5th one. We've seen all the schools once but we'll be doing another visit to probably 3 of the schools to finalize her decision. I think the Side Kick will be the perfect bag!

ladyinblack1964
12-18-2016, 09:28 AM
Had no luck on the Ravelry forum, looking for a Black halcyon LS. Even called the office last week to see if anyone had returned one, but no luck, so far.

NWhikergal
12-18-2016, 10:01 AM
Good luck, @ladyinblack! Fingers crossed for you that someone who over-ordered returns one, as I bet some people ordered LSs in both materials until they could see in person and decide. I initially ordered a ballistic SK, but I ended up returning it and purchasing a halcyon one.

megi
12-18-2016, 06:52 PM
I have a black ballistic/fjord coming my way. I'm either going to nix that one or the steel fjord. Or maybe both. I kind of just want another makers bag.

falconea
12-20-2016, 12:21 PM
You did not miss the Black Halcyon/Fjord Little Swift. There was no such option available -- the only Little Swifts with Fjord were Black and Steel Ballistic Nylon, and you got Steel/Fjord.

At this point I can't remember! (Have been travelling and not following the forums). I wanted a Black Halcyon and I can't remember it being with Sitka? Maybe it was. Oooh! Just checked my wishlist and it was Black Halcyon/Sitka!

I missed it. :( But got others so I am happy! :)

Audrey