PDA

View Full Version : Small Snake Charmer as toiletry bag?

AmyMo
02-03-2017, 02:14 PM
Has anyone used the small snake charmer for travel toiletries yet? I have a small bag that is close to the same size but the snake charmer would hold a little more and give me more organization, plus it would clip in to my aeronaut, while the other one doesn't. Wondering if there are mesh considerations that I'm not thinking about. My toiletry needs are very simple.

bchaplin
02-03-2017, 02:17 PM
It would work fine. Even the small is very spacious. It's just not leak proof. Maybe keep liquids in a Ziploc bag; you'd have to do that anyway for the TSA if you are flying.

AmyMo
02-03-2017, 02:20 PM
If I travel with liquids at all they definitely go in the airline required ziplock. I was just thinking maybe my small brush might be a problem poking through holes, but maybe not. I'll test it out.

sarah_atx
02-03-2017, 02:23 PM
I agree, it would definitely work. You could turn the brush inwards toward the halcyon center of the pouch. I just ordered one to try for that purpose, but decided I'd rather have something clear or all fabric in the end.

AmyMo
02-03-2017, 02:30 PM
The kit I use now is an all fabric bag from Target that actually looks quite a bit like halcyon in NWSky knock-off. It is getting worn out though and has always been just a tiny bit smaller than I need it to be. But the spiff kit is too big and the 3DOC isn't the right shape for me. I'll trial it on my trip next week and see how I like it.

lam
02-03-2017, 07:08 PM
I actually just ordered one for this purpose, and coincidentally, it arrived today. Just filled it up, and looks like it's going to work well--like you, my toiletry needs are pretty simple though. Fits all my "dry" stuff--just long enough for toothbrush. Can't weigh in on the hairbrush, though, don't use one (curly hair).

cazique
02-04-2017, 10:34 AM
It also works well for me. My toothbrush barely fits (length wise), and for a shorter trip when I'm bringing fewer toiletry items, I can fit them all in one side and my cords in the other side.

lizziejean3
02-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Would anyone mind showing a picture of your Small Snake Charmer filled with toiletries on one side and cords on the other? Thanks!

cazique
02-04-2017, 07:58 PM
Would anyone mind showing a picture of your Small Snake Charmer filled with toiletries on one side and cords on the other? Thanks!

Happy to post a picture and will do so tomorrow. Now, this is not an everyday toiletry supply, this was for a couple of overnights for which I brought the bare minimum, but it did work. Anyone who brings a lot of stuff, mileage may vary.

lizziejean3
02-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Thanks!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

TavaPeak
02-04-2017, 08:42 PM
I slide an empty toilet paper roll over my travel hairbrush to keep the tines from catching stuff. Works well, can be crushed, and easy to find a replacement if needed. (It may look funny on the TSA X-ray tho.)

cazique
02-05-2017, 08:57 PM
OK, I took a few pictures - both with the bare minimum toiletries for a one-nighter and more stuff that I'd bring if I were going to be away for longer. They really underscore that even the small SC can hold a bunch.

Left: Lenovo T-series power brick and cord, power cube and USB-C cord for phone.
Right: Deodorant, Toothbrush, Toothpaste. (I said minimal!) And two pairs of cuff links (I know, I need a Q-kit for those. I'm still new here :) )

I realize now the picture doesn't totally show the right angle, but it's not bulging out at all, very manageable.

For more days, I'd add shaving stuff and maybe one more small bottle or two...

I figured the bigger bunch would need both sides of the SC, but apparently they fit in one side after all, with the same cords on the left. The SC definitely bulges out more, but it's doable.

Admittedly, the first setup was because I put everything in a backpack for the quick trip (wanting to do it in one bag when the bag would be in our meeting room the whole time) - for a longer trip I would likely have the cords in whatever bag my computer is in... but it's good to know this setup works even with more stuff in the SC. (And I'm sure it could take even more.)

lizziejean3
02-05-2017, 10:17 PM
Thank you so much for posting those pictures! It gives me a great idea of the size and how much it can hold.