PDA

View Full Version : Side effect / Side kick / Snakecharmer and laptop power adapter question

Apresski
02-08-2017, 04:45 AM
Hello there,

I'm in the middle of ordering a Synapse 25, and I have spent so much time on selecting accessories that if someone told me ahead of time how much I would fret about the perfect combo I would not have belived them. (I'd probably stll deny it ;) ).

I have a tristar I love to death and use for my 2-4 days business trips. It's fantastic.

I am looking to get the Synapste 25 as an EDC and 1-2 days business trips. I will carry two laptops most of the time, and belive (right or wrong) that the key to this working is that I can put everything exept for laptops, packing cubes with clothes and my beloved launtry stuff sack in the outer pockets. (Also I hate being at client site and pull out my laptop and spilling stuff all over the place - chasing tampons across the floor before a presentation dimishes my street cred I find). Right now I am pondering the bottom pocket. I would like to be able to put two power adpaters in the small snake charmer and fit in the bottom pocket. One adapter is for a macbook, the other for whatever laptop my clients issue and change a lot, but typically they are medium to large ThinkPad bricks. So... after this looooong post - here are my questions:

1) Is it possibel to fit two laptop power adapters into a snakecharmer that fits into the bottom pocket of the synaps 25 (preferrably the small one if possible)
2) I am thinking of getting a Side effect / side kick to organize all other cables and travel related stuff. I've read in other posts that the Side kick fits with plenty of room in the bottom pocket, but wondering if the Side effect may fit? Any other way to combine these with the synapse 25 you can recommend?
3) Anyone using the Side effect / side kick as a purse organizer? I have a love for the big cavernous purses where I spend 5 min locating anything at the moment. (Widly popular with my fellow tube travellers when phone is ringing and I can't find it in my purse. Yes. I am that person).

I know this has probably been covered before, but over selveral threads, (I've been pouring over this forum for weeks) but selfishly wanted to ask with my precise requirements. I live in Sweden so want to get it right so I only have to pay shipping once.

Any help appreciated!
Anna

cazique
02-08-2017, 06:50 AM
1) Is it possibel to fit two laptop power adapters into a snakecharmer that fits into the bottom pocket of the synaps 25 (preferrably the small one if possible)

I fit two cords - a power brick/cord for a Lenovo t440 (it's not gigantic - maybe small-to-medium size) and a power cube and charging cable that I use for my phone - in one side of a small snake charmer, and it fit fine. (See pictures in thread below).

Thread: Small Snake Charmer as toiletry bag? (https://forums.tombihn.com/accessories-organization-strategies/11976-small-snake-charmer-toiletry-bag-post138646.html#post138646)

I am not sure whether the larger Mac power bricks will fit, but I have one at home and can check it out tonight. The width should be fine, it's just a question of whether that big square is bigger than the SC's footprint...

Apresski
02-08-2017, 07:07 AM
Thanks! Really appreciate the help! :)

bchaplin
02-08-2017, 07:41 AM
@Apresski, your post made me laugh! I have been in similar situations when I'm trying to look dignified on a travel day that also includes meetings.

To answer questions #2 and #3, I just want to be sure you know that the Side Kick is bigger than the Side Effect (mostly because it's taller). And either one would be would great as a purse or bag organizer--that's substantially the way I operate. You can keep all your essential stuff (wallet, passport, keys, pen, phone, etc.) in there, so it's easy to grab and go if you want to travel light to a lunch or something, and you always know where to look for the important things. I have found that attaching a small keychain light to the top of my bag also helps in that regard.

Apresski
02-08-2017, 08:09 AM
I will definilty get a side kick or side effect (depending on what fits) and look into a keychain light. Great idea! Thanks! :)

Ditmo
02-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Right now I am pondering the bottom pocket. I would like to be able to put two power adpaters in the small snake charmer and fit in the bottom pocket. One adapter is for a macbook, the other for whatever laptop my clients issue and change a lot, but typically they are medium to large ThinkPad bricks.

2) I am thinking of getting a Side effect / side kick to organize all other cables and travel related stuff. I've read in other posts that the Side kick fits with plenty of room in the bottom pocket, but wondering if the Side effect may fit? Any other way to combine these with the synapse 25 you can recommend?
3) Anyone using the Side effect / side kick as a purse organizer? I have a love for the big cavernous purses where I spend 5 min locating anything at the moment. (Widly popular with my fellow tube travellers when phone is ringing and I can't find it in my purse. Yes. I am that person).

Hi Anna! I also use an S25 as an EDC, and have all of the accessories and additional bags you're considering. The Side Effect fits *perfectly* in the bottom pocket of the S25, and that is how I carry. I take the SE out when I go to lunch or on a cookie break, as it carries my wallet, lip gloss, pens, phone, etc.

The original large Snake Charmer also fits perfectly in that pocket, and would definitely fit a Lenovo brick in there. The small Snake Charmer would also fit in the pocket, but I'm not sure about the power brick. I'd either get just the large, or both.

I carry a halcyon Side Kick in the interior gusseted pocket, and it holds my notebook and highlighters.

Overall, I'm a huge fan of this setup. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaryRanson
02-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Anna,

I have the items mention so will throw in my thoughts.

I have the original SC in the bottom of my S25 holding all of my cables and adapters. The smaller SC would leave room for additional items.

I suspend a SE in the top inside of my S25 for additional organization and storage. Saw the hack here in the forums. The SK fits in the bottom of the S25 although it is a little tall to fit as well as the original SC.

My wife uses her SK as her weekend purse and it is a great little bag. I could see myself using it as a small city day travel bag.

Have fun choosing.

Apresski
02-09-2017, 12:26 AM
Thankyou all for answering so quickly and detailed! Muchly appreciated. This forum is amazing.

Antti
02-09-2017, 04:58 AM
Hej Anna

I also own a Tri-Star and a S25. In the S25 I carry my 15" laptop in a Cache which stabilizes the whole bag, making it comfortable to carry. All the cords and chargers for the phone, iPad and the MBP fit in a small SC which I carry inside the bag. All the miscellanea lives in a big SC which goes in the bottom compartment. The side pockets are for flashlights, multitool, earplugs, headphones, writing utensils etc. The water bottle pocket is great as it is positioned in the middle. Two days worth of socks, t-shirts and underwear fit in a small TS packing cube which, alongside an Eagle Creek first aid kit reside inside the bag. Everything is tethered. I truly like the S25 once you learn to pack it. It took some experimenting but now I couldn't be happier.

Hoppas det hjälper,

Antti

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk