Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,301   Posts: 197,936   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 177
Welcome to our newest member, thefrillyhell.

Monolith or Brain cell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stubrown
    • Jan 2004

Monolith or Brain cell

I'm thinking of buying a Brain Bag (you can't get decent laptop bags in the UK!) Bit confused which inner bag to get - I think I'm right in thinking that the brain cell clips into the brain bag but am I right that the monolith is designed to carry the laptop in portrait and as such is better suited to the brain bag if used as a backpack?
    stubby
  • Darcy
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here)
    • May 2003

The Monolith is mainly an option if the Brain Cell you need to fit your laptop does not fit inside the Brain Bag - such is the case with the Size 2 Brain Cell, which will not fit inside the Brain Bag, so instead you'd get the Size 2 Monolith, which does fit inside the Brain Bag.

The main differences between the Brain Cell and Monolith are:

1. The Monolith has a zipper closure instead of a velcro flap. It's also mostly designed to be put inside a backpack because of its vertical orientation, and not carried on its own.

2. The Brain Cell has a velcro flap, and an expandable mesh front pocket, which the Monolith does not have. The Brain Cell also has attachments for a shoulder strap, so it may be carried on its own.

So, if you get to choose between the Monolith and Brain Cell, it's really up to what you'd prefer based on the above.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Working...
    X