PDA

View Full Version : How to store loose paper in a Synapse?

mozltovcoktail
03-30-2017, 12:59 PM
Hi all. I just got my first TB bag, and Synapse 25! I'm digging it so far, but one thing my old bag had was a laptop pocket that ran the length of the bag and was accessible from the side. I rarely carry around a laptop, but I *did* use that pocket all the time to carry around print-outs of things like boarding passes, legal documents, loose paper, etc. So now I'm looking for a nice way to do that with my Synapse.

I could get a Large Organization Pouch, but I don't know where it would go in the bag. I suppose I could just put it loose into the flexible pocket in the main compartment, but that's kinda messy. I could clip it to one of the laptop sleeve loops, but then it would hang there at an angle since there's only a clip on one corner.

Any ideas?

imahawki
03-30-2017, 02:04 PM
Freudian slip? Plastic accordion folder from Target.

backpack
03-30-2017, 04:16 PM
The Freudian Slip is ideal for that purpose.

mozltovcoktail
03-30-2017, 07:40 PM
That's what I've read, but I've also read complaints of it sliding to the bottom of the bag. I really wish there was a nice dock for it of some sort.

mcumeda
03-30-2017, 09:33 PM
I have one of these. It will hold quite a bit of paper. I have a couple of Manila folders in it to organize the stuff in it and to keep the papers from getting jumbled. It clips to one of the o-rings in the main compartment.

https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Creek-Pack-Black-Large/dp/B00F9S8RRG/ref=sr_1_37?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1490934649&sr=1-37&nodeID=15744041&psd=1&keywords=eagle+creek+pack+it

mozltovcoktail
03-31-2017, 05:33 AM
Thanks for the link!

AlaskaGirl
03-31-2017, 12:48 PM
That's what I've read, but I've also read complaints of it sliding to the bottom of the bag.

Greetings,
My Freudian Slip sits securely ON the bottom of the bag. It doesn't slide around unless I move it. Usually I have books tucked behind it and a few lumpy things and a jacket tucked in front of it. The Freudian Slip contains papers on one side and a variety of items on the other, including a hard case for my reading glasses, a train whistle, a tuner, a kazoo, lozenges, and other miscellanea. It has never slid, slipped or bent.

My Large Organization Pouch does slouch if there is nothing else in the bag. However, it is rare that I carry an empty bag.

The pocket in the main compartment of the Synapse25 holds a pocket folder nicely. Office supply stores have them in a variety of colors. elisa

TurtleWax
04-01-2017, 07:27 PM
I had the Freudian Slip for a while and did not find enough use for it (did not hold standard papers very well).
For loose papers I like those clipboard/storage box hybrids. Slim and protective, plus a portable writing surface.