PDA

View Full Version : Cracking open the plastic pull

Kshni
04-30-2017, 04:21 PM
Unfortunately, shortly after my small travel tray arrived, the cord pulled out of the plastic pull. I have replacement pulls, but I have no idea how to get off the original to replace it. I do not want to shorten the already short cord, so cutting isn't an ideal option.

Is there a way to crack open the pull in order to replace it? Or prise it apart?

I live in England, so shipping it back to Seattle isn't particularly feasible.

pammy
04-30-2017, 05:23 PM
Hi, check out this thread and see if this is what you are looking for. I admit I've never pulled one apart, but it looks pretty easy, especially if you have a Swiss Army knife or something similar. Hope it works for you.

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-bag-discussion/11251-how-do-you-remove-zipper-pulls.html

BASR
04-30-2017, 07:12 PM
I just use a small flathead screwdriver and stick it inside the plastic pull, parallel to the cord. Push straight out with a little force and it should come out no problems.

Darcy
05-01-2017, 09:53 AM
Unfortunately, shortly after my small travel tray arrived, the cord pulled out of the plastic pull. I have replacement pulls, but I have no idea how to get off the original to replace it. I do not want to shorten the already short cord, so cutting isn't an ideal option.

If you're up for trying the methods offered by pammy and BASR, that works -- but, really, we should and could send you a new Travel Tray! Unless it's in a color that we no longer offer, which of course complicates things, but we could still arrange for shipping back and forth. Just let us know: emailus@tombihn.com

Kshni
05-03-2017, 10:45 AM
If you're up for trying the methods offered by pammy and BASR, that works -- but, really, we should and could send you a new Travel Tray! Unless it's in a color that we no longer offer, which of course complicates things, but we could still arrange for shipping back and forth. Just let us know: emailus@tombihn.com

It would, it's in Monarch and it's one of the small/mini travel trays. I'll check out Pammy and BASR's suggestions, if I have no success, then I'll check in with you :)

Kshni
05-03-2017, 11:36 AM
OK, I looked at the other thread and watched the video, the spoon thing was too unclear, but I found one of my little flat-head screwdrivers from my computer engineer days and that popped the cap off so I could put both strands back together inside it. If it pulls loose again, I'll replace the plastic pull bits.

Thank you, everyone, who contributed :)