PDA

View Full Version : Initial Impressions of the Pilot

maverick
05-22-2017, 08:43 PM
I used the Pilot as an EDC going to work briefcase today, and it worked out wonderfully.

I must admit, I felt like I was playing grown up carrying the Pilot as opposed to the Co-Pilot. "Playing" is the key word in that sentence -- let's be clear, there is nothing grown up about me!

My Pilot held --

In the main compartment:
* 12" MacBook in a Cache.
* Letter size folio.
* Deck of cards in one of the pockets.
* I would carry a rechargeable battery in there, but I left it on the charger for the day.
* A small organizer pouch with receipts (I'm behind on my expense reports -- while the organizer pouch keeps me organized, it doesn't get me motivated to actually do the expense reports).

In the left front compartment:
* TOM BIHN Sketchpad.
* Second Aid Pouch with adapters and cables.
* A small tripod/selfie stick for my iPhone.
* Earphones in a mini Padded Organizer Pouch

In the middle front compartment:
* 16 oz hydroflask with water (it will hold the 20 oz, but I lent it to my niece and so I took the 16 oz one today).

In the right front compartment:
* TOM BIHN Pen.
* Laser pointer.
* Lip balm.
* Spork.
* Hand lotion.
* Gum.
* Tissues.
* Wallet.
* 2 Kind Bars (ate one while at work, the other stayed in the Pilot).
* Banana (ate it in the morning after I get into the office), and it didn't get squished!
* I could have put my iPhone in there, but ended up carrying it in my pocket.

The Pilot was definitely not stuffed. I could have put the iPad in there as well, but decided to leave it at home today. There is also a question of how much weight do you want to carry.

I am looking forward to seeing how the Pilot does on short hikes or walks. I think I will still prefer the Co-Pilot for those outings because it is a little smaller -- and may just duplicate some items across the Co-Pilot and Pilot.

maverick
05-29-2017, 09:46 PM
Here is a video showing the Pilot packed as an EDC Briefcase. It also shows how those things fit into the Co-Pilot (everything fit except for the folio I was using).

https://youtu.be/itiebZpNOnA

maverick
05-30-2017, 04:05 PM
We had a lot of laughs making this video last night! I had to do a few takes to get the intro to come out right, and ended up saying that my Pilot was made out of "Black 1050d ballistic ripstop nylon" a few times! My son really got a kick out of it! :)

Darcy
06-02-2017, 09:55 AM
We had a lot of laughs making this video last night! I had to do a few takes to get the intro to come out right, and ended up saying that my Pilot was made out of "Black 1050d ballistic ripstop nylon" a few times! My son really got a kick out of it! :)

I'd love to see an outtakes video someday :)

maverick
06-06-2017, 04:20 AM
Going up to Philly on the Amtrak with my Pilot with EDC kit + breakfast!

maverick
06-06-2017, 05:01 PM
Vegan nachos for dinner at Bar Bombón!