PDA

View Full Version : Freudian Slip for Shop Bags

FoxValleyDame
05-26-2017, 09:02 PM
I've found myself using my shop bags on a daily basis almost like an EDC, and am thinking about strategies to add more organization. I currently use them inside out for the most part so that the pockets are on the outside, leaving me more room on the inside for stuff. I'm wondering if anyone uses a Freudian Slip regularly inside their shop bag, and if so which size? I would love to see pictures. I saw an old thread with an image that I believe was posted by Maverick showing a medium cafe bag FS used inside a small shop bag, which looked like it fit nicely. But which Slip would work well in the large shop bag? I was thinking maybe the makers bag slip could be a good fit? Any other FS/shop bag combo suggestions?

rbc3585
05-27-2017, 01:36 AM
I can't help you unfortunately as I don't own either, but according to the stated dimensions, the MB FS appears to be 13.4" at its tallest/widest(?) while the shop bag is only 13.25". That's a miniscule difference and I'm not sure if it would hinder the functionality of the FS in any way; probably best for someone to test it out.

I'm interested in the general idea of using an FS inside a leather or canvas interview/work tote though, so would love to hear from someone who's used it in a less structured bag. E.g. whether it sags when loaded up without the support of a backpack panel.

UpToNoGood
06-16-2017, 07:03 PM
I use the MCB FS in the SSB and it works beautifully. It actually is what makes the SSB useful for me as a work bag; otherwise my pens, papers, and planner would just be floating in the bottom of the SSB.

AlaskaGirl
06-17-2017, 06:45 PM
Greetings,
I've used a Freudian Slip (not sure which one, it was upright and fit in my Synapse25) in a canvas tote from LL Bean. The tote had no interior organization, but it always stood up on it's own.

The Freudian Slip never sagged. I kept a few pages of music, a pair of glasses in a hard case, a wooden train whistle, a tuner, a Cliff bar, a TB Wallet, and a few throat lozenges in there. The FS did lean if I didn't have other items in the tote, but it never bent or sagged. elisa

rbc3585
06-18-2017, 03:45 AM
Thanks for the useful info Elisa! I'm assuming the LL Bean was a boat and tote. Did you find it heavy?

AlaskaGirl
06-18-2017, 10:49 AM
Yes, it is a boat and tote. The tote was never heavy with the Freudian Slip. The music books that I need to carry once a week are heavy, so the sturdy boat and tote was great. Canvas is heavier than Halcyon, but similar in weight to ballistic or cordura fabrics.

When the Maker's Bag came out, I switched to it. The internal organization is perfect. elisa