PDA

View Full Version : Travel tray pockets?

Emmey
06-16-2017, 11:38 AM
Has anyone modded their travel tray to have pockets along the wall?

I was looking at the Eagle Creek Cinch Organizer, which is basically the idea, but of course it being that silnylon has no shape of its own.

I love my TT but I do wish there were pockets, for my phone, glasses, etc, leaving the 'floor' of the tray open for the little bits.

anna2222
06-16-2017, 03:21 PM
what a cool idea! Would be really useful in the large TT

Emmey
06-16-2017, 03:42 PM
Exactly - I use my large one as my nightstand when I travel.

bchaplin
06-16-2017, 04:34 PM
Smart idea! I always limit what I put in the travel tray because I don't want my glasses or smartphone to get scratched by coins or adaptors. So I tried a little experiment: here is a size 1 stuff sack folded back a bit, inside a small travel tray. Glasses could easily fit into it and they would be more secure, and a lot of bits and pieces could fit around or below it. Even two stuff sacks side by side would work. I'm definitely going to try this next time I travel, and because the stuff sack is useful in its own right, it won't be dead weight in my pack.

threeteez
06-16-2017, 06:06 PM
I do something similar to bchaplin above except I use the new small TT in the original size TT. Electronic stuff ( Fit Bit charger, ear buds, phone charger, phone) go in the small one and I have some toiletries that stand up around the small TT in the original size (couple tubes of hand lotion, lip balm, cuticle gel). I really like the combo of using both TT sizes together.

TRD
06-20-2017, 09:23 PM
I'm a big fan of two travel trays. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170621/03e49cc0803dfe3feae1c7f6ab33cc96.jpg

Pokilani
06-21-2017, 09:07 AM
I love all these ideas! I've been trying to catch up on posts because I've been away for several months. Glad I read this one!

Emmey
06-23-2017, 04:50 PM
well the 2-tray thing is certainly an idea but it still only really gives 2 sections. I am more envisioning multiple pockets, something that would allow my slippery phone to stay upright while charging. like maybe some kind of stretchy mesh. wonder if i should try sewing in some old pantyhose lol