PDA

View Full Version : Minimal Overnight Bag

wendybeachbum
06-22-2017, 01:33 PM
I am hoping to move somewhere where I will have to get the chance take short 1-3 day trips. Will the Makers Bag work or has anyone used it for that purpose? I cannot say what exactly I would bring but here is an example of what I would bring:

1. 1-2 t-shirts (depending on location)
2. Pajamas
3. Sweater
4. Various undies and socks
5. iPad or iPad mini
6. Depending on trip i may take my 13" MacBook Pro (has a case so no cache)
7. All chargers for said electronics
8. Shampoo, conditioner and hair gel in Humangear goo tubes. ( difficult hair a nonnegotiable.)
9. Other toiletries like toothbrush, etc (no make up though I do not wear it)
10. Some kind of notebook and pen.

I will also have some kind of a convertible purse for walking around during the day.

I just did a 4 day trip to Florida and this is basically my packing list. I had a few other things too but realized I could do without them. I used an S25 which I love but really don't like backpacks as a rule so am looking for some kind of messenger bag.

Thanks in advance for all your thoughts.

Badger
06-22-2017, 02:39 PM
I've used a Maker's Bag for a quick weekend trip, and it worked really well! It holds more than it looks like it would, and it's great because it doesn't look like a bag that's full of your clothes, so you can walk around with it for a while if need be. I think that if your sweater is thin and light, you shouldn't have any trouble with the packing list you've posted. If you're trying to one-bag it to your destination, you could use the purse as a packing cube to minimize bulk, or use a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag—the standard strap will work on both bags, though I'll admit the Absolute Strap is more comfortable when carrying the MB for long distances.

Kaadk
06-22-2017, 08:16 PM
I travel pretty exclusively with just my Pilot, doing 4 day (3 night) trips. The only concession is that I'll also bring my DLBC if, like this week, I need to schlep along two laptops (corporate and client). When double bagging like this week, I put the Pilot's absolute strap on the shoulder first, then rest the DLBC's strap on that to cushion both bags.

In your case, I'd have no problem fitting your list in the Pilot. For that matter, without the laptop I'd probably have no issue fitting that list in the DLBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRD
06-22-2017, 10:08 PM
You could definitely fit it all in a Daylight Backpack