Kindle
Charger
Pills
Ear buds
Eye mask
A snack?
Lip balm
Gum

I would place it in inside the seat pocket so it doesn't need alot of structure. It would be nice to have some organization.

Does something like this exist.

flaneuse
06-23-2017, 05:36 AM
I think the Side Kick would work perfectly!

sturbridge
06-23-2017, 05:37 AM
Yes, sounds like a Sidekick would be perfect for this. Though you would likely want to hang it on the bag of the seat pocket using some carabiners.

threeteez
06-23-2017, 05:41 AM
https://forums.tombihn.com/questions-about-bags/11250-clipping-bags-seatback-pockets.html
https://forums.tombihn.com/questions-about-bags/8334-whats-best-way-do.html
https://forums.tombihn.com/accessories-organization-strategies/11847-suggestion-tom-bihn-seatback-pocket-organizer.html

Check out those threads for bag suggestions and attachment solutions that you may prefer over putting the bag inside the seat pocket. The Side Effect, Side Kick, Leads Pocket, Packing Cube Shoulder Bag would all work for your list of items and are smaller than companion travel bags like the Co-Pilot or the Night Flight Travel Duffle. The PCSB has the least structure so some folks opt to put a medium single or double organizer pouch in the external pocket to provide some stiffness and organization.

Kaadk
06-23-2017, 05:53 AM
I think the Kindle's going to drive your size requirements there. Personnally, I've been using a Q-Kit hung with a carabiner for my inflight needs, but mine only contains:

1) Pack of kleenex
2) Pen/stylus
3) Earbuds
4) USB Battery
5) 3-in-1 Charging Cable
6) Mints

Ilkyway
06-23-2017, 08:17 AM
Depending on what Kindle you have and what case (if any for it) the Side Effect might even work.

Ilkyway

Rocks
06-23-2017, 09:46 AM
Ilkyway is correct! I have a Kindle Paperwhite with a plastic shell cover and it does fit in the Side Effect. I like the Sidekick more than the Side Effect, though. I like the design of the pockets. Both are great organizers!

Badger
06-23-2017, 10:25 AM
Your in-flight packing list is basically the same as my domestic in-flight packing list, which I pack into a Side Effect:

Kindle Paperwhite
Anker charger/retractable Lightning-to-USB cable/USB-to-mini USB cable/earbuds
Jackery Bar portable charger
Advil
Hand sanitizer
Lip balm
Tiny first-aid kit in a Mini Organizer Pouch
A Clif bar
Field Notes (1) or Hobonichi Techo
Pen(s)
Eye drops

These items fit with room to spare in the Side Effect and (at least to me) would leave a Side Kick feeling pretty empty.

However, on my last trip to Iceland, I did use the Side Kick as my in-flight bag. I carried:

iPhone charger (little cube thing)/retractable Lightning-to-USB cable/Northern Europe plug converter/long Lightning-to-USB cable
Earbuds
Advil, prescription meds, cough drops
Passport
Hand sanitizer
Lip balm
Clif bar, Hi-Chew, Epic bar
Eye drops
Field Notes x2
Hobonichi Techo
Pens x2
Merino wool hat

Hope this is helpful in terms of showing the capacity of each bag.

bltkmt
06-23-2017, 10:49 AM
+1 on Side Effect, that is what I use for flights.

aedifica
06-23-2017, 12:05 PM
In addition to the ones mentioned already, a large Snake Charmer might work well if your Kindle fits into it. I used a Snake Charmer as my in-flight bag on my last trip and it worked very nicely. Just enough room for everything I wanted, and the two sides provided a pleasant amount of organization. One side held chargers, cables, and noise-cancelling earbuds; the other side held everything else, some of it in mini Organizer Pouches or Pocket Pouches.

bltkmt
06-23-2017, 12:24 PM
Yes, good call on a Snake Charmer. I often wish there was a model without mesh panels.

mswanson25
06-24-2017, 11:09 AM
excellent, thanks for the help!

jlg
09-01-2017, 08:42 AM
Hi there! Have you, or anyone else, considered using a Freudian Slip instead of a Side Effect to hang from the seat back (over the tray latch)? Any thoughts? Thanks!

bchaplin
09-01-2017, 10:15 AM
Personally, I might not use a Freudian Slip for that purpose. I'd prefer my items to be in a zippered container that I can wear when I leave my seat. But if you're talking about strictly non-valuable stuff; i.e., no wallet, phone, Kindle or passport, but snacks, pencils and the like: sure. If you happened to be using that particular Freudian Slip during your trip anyway, it might be convenient to have it do double-duty as the in-flight organizer. It does have the advantage of lying relatively flat against the back of the seat in front of you.

moriond
09-01-2017, 02:22 PM
Hi there! Have you, or anyone else, considered using a Freudian Slip instead of a Side Effect to hang from the seat back (over the tray latch)? Any thoughts? Thanks!

A small Freudian Slip might work, but with the current trend to decreasing the spacing between seats in airplanes, I'd worry that access to a Freudian Slip hung over the tray latch might get uncomfortable when the person seated in front tilts his or her seat back in recliner mode. Most people appear to be using the Side Effect or the Packing Cube Shoulder bag for this purpose.

HTH

moriond

Traveltech
09-01-2017, 06:55 PM
I'm going to vote for the packing cube shoulder bag simply because it's less likely to pick up questionable stuff from the seatback pocket...

Jtordoff
09-09-2017, 07:53 AM
Another vote for the Side Effect with carabiners. Here's mine with a Kindle, iPhone plus other bits.