Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,301   Posts: 197,936   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 181
Welcome to our newest member, Zmanlane1.

Why I love my Side Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MelC
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2017

Why I love my Side Effect

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	312808

As a designer, artist and seamstress I appreciate the design, construction and usefulness of this big little bag.

Being old, I can't carry too much, but I can still manage to carry a smallish designer leather bag. I have to carefully edit what I put inside my bag, though. I also like to walk (outdoors, the mall, the community centre), so I got the Side Effect to put inside my leather bags as an organizer and as a walking bag. I put my absolute necessities in the Side Effect, and leave the non-necessities in the leather bag. I leave the leather bag at home or in the car trunk -- and then take off walking with my Side Effect.

The Side Effect is so beautifully light and holds so much. Believe me...I have tried to find a designer bag to serve as my walking bag for years. Only the Side Effect meets all my criteria.

As a fashionista, I was surprised that I could be impressed by the Side Effect's looks. But good design is good design -- and it turns out that all good design appeals to me aesthetically.

The light but durable fabric, the impeccable stitch work, the way the findings are designed, the way the bag functions and looks...all are top-notch. There are some people (myself included) who take great pleasure in having the perfect bag. A perfect bag can be your best friend. It can make you feel secure in the knowledge that you have chosen wisely every time you use it. Carrying the perfect bag can make you feel wonderful! But if bag-loving people can't find the perfect bag, they just might design their own. Wish I knew you then, Tom Bihn.
    I know I will become a repeat customer of your bags.

Just one thing...I can foresee the day when my designer bag collection will no longer work for me, weight-wise. I will then need a lightweight, medium-sized handbag or six to replace it. Just a thought...how about designing a bag that a professional woman could take to work as bag or briefcase? Something quite elegant, something that could be worn with a suit, pumps, and an Hermes scarf? Difficult, but not impossible for Tom Bihn. It would really enlarge your demographic, and once the fashionistas saw everything else you make, well...
  • anna2222
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2017

I like that idea, MelC,

And with the new smoother ballistic fabrics that just came out at the debut of new products yesterday, it's exciting to think of the possibilities!

Just curious if you have tried the Tom Bihn Sidekick? I have the Sidekick in black ballistic and if you think the Side Effect holds a lot, you will be in for a treat with the Sidekick! I actually use it and my black ballistic Side Effect as my dressy bags for weddings, parties, business, church, etc.

Comment

• MelC
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2017

Anna, you are right. The Side Kick (and a few small pouches) will be my next Tom Bihn purchase. I will, like you, get it in black. Maybe a Side Effect when it is back in purple, too. Do you feel as I do? That a perfect new bag is one of the best things in life?

Comment

• Kelly S
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by MelC View Post
        Do you feel as I do? That a perfect new bag is one of the best things in life?
        I think I can speak for everyone in the forum when I say that YES we all feel that way.

Comment

• MelC
          Forum Member
          • Jun 2017

. My People!

Comment

• anna2222
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2017

@MelC,

AbsoLUTEly!

Comment