PDA

View Full Version : SMALL POUCHKINS: HOW DO YOU USE THEM?

anna2222
07-03-2017, 08:53 AM
We can safely say that pretty much most folks on the forums here fell in love with the Cubelets.

Now it is time to give those cute little SMALL POUCHKINS their due! What do you use them for? Add your pictures!

I bought two just because I was curious what I could do with them. And so far they are very useful for quickly grabbing things at the top of my bags without weighing them down. Those items that I need to use all the time and that get lost in my bag, I can access quickly now. My glasses cleaning case and vitamins, see photos.

The clips that come on these are small and stiff, so for my fingers, I have trouble getting them on the o-rings, but otherwise I love them! Can also use a key strap to attach them if you don't mind them being lower in the the bag.

IN MY SHOP BAG, THEY ARE SO LIGHTWEIGHT THEY DO NOT WEIGH THE TOP OF THE BAG DOWN

FOR USE IN MY FAVORITE EDC, THE ALL FABRIC 3DOC!

SIZE REFERENCE IN MY MEDIUM SIZED HAND

Mausermama
07-04-2017, 06:36 AM
Thank you for sharing your photos! I am still waiting on my two Cubelets to show up, but in the meantime I'm drooling over yours.

Katcalls
07-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Once I get one I'm planning on using them as a holder of SIM cards and SD cards from my camera. These items will be precious cargo on my around the world trip.

MelC
07-04-2017, 12:18 PM
Nice pix! I would use them for eye drops, to keep them away from everything else.

SIM
07-04-2017, 01:14 PM
All of the stuff in the photo should arrive tomorrow. I'll be reconfiguring my first aid stuff in my EDC S25. The red single will likely go in the first aid kit. I'm thinking I will swap the blue single for the mini halcyon organizer pouch that I keep my change and church name tag in.

No clue on the Cubelet. I just wanted to see one. I'll use it for something though.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170704/315eba40348fbcb40af8827d1e84c18d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kerrpe
07-07-2017, 05:40 PM
My LSB is my gym bag, my new pouchkin is for holding jewelry while at the gym. It will probably serve the same purpose for travel, but might be great for holding daily pills in my SE. I can also definitely see one holding my SD cards for travel photography.

DubbySmurf
07-09-2017, 11:42 AM
Would anyone happen to know if the Apple AirPods will fit in a small Pouchkin? If so, they will definitely find a way in to my basket!

lacyfinn
07-09-2017, 09:23 PM
DubbySmurf, they sure do! Mine fit just perfectly.

Kelly S
07-10-2017, 10:24 AM
my new pouchkin is for holding jewelry while at the gym.

ooh now *that* is a good idea. I wouldn't have thought of that. Would be perfect for holding a pair or two of earings (I only own two pair).

DubbySmurf
07-10-2017, 01:27 PM
DubbySmurf, they sure do! Mine fit just perfectly.

Awesome thanks! now to agonize over what other items to purchase so that the pouchkins aren't so lonely on the trip over....

moriond
07-11-2017, 07:28 AM
my new pouchkin is for holding jewelry while at the gym.

ooh now *that* is a good idea. I wouldn't have thought of that. Would be perfect for holding a pair or two of earings (I only own two pair).

@Kelly S,
Depending on how much protection you think you need, you might consider the Clear Organizer Wallet for items like earrings, which is a mini-sized pouch, and has a pair Ultrasuede dividers to cushion items placed against them (or between them). So, simple studs or rings would work well for the pouchkins, but dangly items or things that might get bent out of shape might do better in a Clear Organizer
(I like that option better than a mini padded pouch, since it's easier to get into and out of, and the Ultrasuede keeps them from sliding around ).

The pouchkins are really good for small items like blister packs of cold or allergy medication, water purification tablets (if you're using these), small hygiene items like dental floss picks, vitamins, etc.

moriond

Kelly S
07-11-2017, 10:47 AM
My earrings are small, they'd get lost in a COW (lol...moo!!)

Kerrpe
07-12-2017, 05:52 PM
@Kelly S,
Depending on how much protection you think you need...

Yes, having now tested it, I'm not sure I would attempt this for travel, but for an hour at the gym, and the bag is just sitting in the locker, it's great.

aedifica
07-14-2017, 01:02 PM
My LSB is my gym bag, my new pouchkin is for holding jewelry while at the gym. It will probably serve the same purpose for travel, but might be great for holding daily pills in my SE. I can also definitely see one holding my SD cards for travel photography.

Thanks for both these ideas! I've now used one for keeping track of my jewelry in a hotel, and for holding a pony tail holder so I wouldn't lose it in my pocket. (It would be great for hair pins, too.)

katt94
07-16-2017, 01:30 AM
Could anybody tell me how easy it would be to put a pair of disposable gloves in either the single pouchkin or one side of a double? I had a thought the other night that I could use it for a CPR face shield and gloves (currently in a bulky pouch on a keyring which doesn't really work for me).

bchaplin
07-19-2017, 04:15 PM
I don't do first aid (and don't have pouchkins), so I can't directly answer the question. But wouldn't it be better to keep gloves in an all fabric pouch so they are not exposed to UV? My experience is that it causes them to break down. If you carry a bag, maybe the face shield and gloves could go in a small Halcyon pouch?

katt94
07-20-2017, 08:37 AM
I don't do first aid (and don't have pouchkins), so I can't directly answer the question. But wouldn't it be better to keep gloves in an all fabric pouch so they are not exposed to UV? My experience is that it causes them to break down. If you carry a bag, maybe the face shield and gloves could go in a small Halcyon pouch?

Thank you - I hadn't thought of it in that way. A small pouch sounds like a great idea, and can still be tucked inside a pocket somewhere until (hopefully not) needed.

anna2222
07-20-2017, 10:37 AM
@katt94,

I was able to get 4 non-medical gloves into one single pouchkin, see photos. I get the gloves in bulk from Costco, they are pretty thin. Great storage idea that I plan on using! Since this pouchkin will be stored inside a bag, I am not worried about the gloves breaking down from UV exposure and I love that it is small enough to slip into even a small pocket if ever I want to carry it on my person.

TWO GLOVES IN POUCHKIN

4 GLOVES IN POUCHKIN

SIDE VIEW OF 4 GLOVES IN POUCHKIN

katt94
07-22-2017, 02:29 AM
Thanks @ anna2222 - that's really helpful. The gloves look pretty similar to the ones I have.