PDA

View Full Version : Synapse 25: attaching an accessory to the cache loops?

Nef
07-04-2017, 11:05 AM
Good afternoon all. Happy 4th of July! I saw a video yesterday that showed off how someone could attach a side effect to the loops inside the main compartment of the S25. This looked cool and reminded me of the GoRuck field pocket attachments inside the bag. I was wondering if it was possible to attach anything else there or is it only for the side effect?

Thank you!

terayon
07-04-2017, 03:49 PM
Those loops are designed for a Cache with rails for a laptop. I don't carry a laptop myself, so I added split rings to them and use them as extra o-rings:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170704/9f1d2519bd0f78f11d450e1c92e51339.jpg

That's a UV medium Yarn Stuff Sack on the left, and a double carabiner on the right. Often I have a small bottle of hand sanitizer on that one. A double carabiner can also be used directly on the loop, without the split ring. In fact, in my Ego I have a split ring and a carabiner on there together. Not sure why, really, but I tried it and it worked, so I just left it.

You can also use those loops for a 3D organizer cube, which is smaller than a side Effect. There may be some other suggestions in the Bag Hacks thread.

Cristina
07-04-2017, 11:06 PM
Good afternoon all. Happy 4th of July! I saw a video yesterday that showed off how someone could attach a side effect to the loops inside the main compartment of the S25. This looked cool and reminded me of the GoRuck field pocket attachments inside the bag. I was wondering if it was possible to attach anything else there or is it only for the side effect?

Thank you!

That video (forum hacks II) finally convinced me to get the S25. It's a 3DOC in the video, I imagine the Side effect is too wide.

Happy experimenting!