PDA

View Full Version : Long time, no see + I love the Sidekick + flight bag

jmoz
07-11-2017, 09:43 AM
Hi all,

So I haven't been on the forum in quite a while because life has been busy. I've been traveling a lot, and until recently, I'd found that I have all the bags I need. (The Tristar covers most of my needs pretty well, actually). My TB bags are now even better traveled than they used to be, and I wanted to say how truly fantastic it was to be able to do true one-bag for 2 weeks in China with my TS last summer.

Lately, I've started traveling with an iPad mini which did not fit in my Side Effect very well. So I bought the Side Kick, and it's a fantastic bag. What's amazing is how well it fits in the TriStar in a variety of configurations.

Finally, one request- I've been taking flying lessons (private pilot) for the past 6 months, and I'm trying to figure out what TB bags would work well as a flight bag. Sadly, the names of the bags (e.g. Pilot) make it hard to search the forums. Any suggestions?

moriond
07-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Hi @jmoz,

Have you taken a look at the Airline Pilot Kitbag (https://forums.tombihn.com/questions-about-bags/11941-airline-pilot-kitbag.html) thread? That suggests you might try using your existing Navy Pilot as a flight bag. And BTW, which color combination did you get for your Side Kick?

moriond

jmoz
07-11-2017, 10:21 AM
Hi @jmoz,

Have you taken a look at the Airline Pilot Kitbag (https://forums.tombihn.com/questions-about-bags/11941-airline-pilot-kitbag.html) thread? That suggests you might try using your existing Navy Pilot as a flight bag. And BTW, which color combination did you get for your Side Kick?

moriond

I hadn't found that thread. I'll take a look. Thanks!

I did Navy/Iberian for the Side Kick. I still prefer the Navy/Solar combo, but you get what you can.... :-)

jmoz
06-04-2018, 08:01 AM
So, resurrecting my long dead thread:

1. I bought a Stowaway for an overnight/2 night trip bag, and it's fantastic!
2. My Non-TB minimalist computer bag that I alternated with my Pilot (mostly because my Pilot fit poorly in the bike panniers I had) finally gave up. This meant it was time for a new bag, and I'm currently waiting for my Ristretto.
3. The reason I'm replying to this post- I decided to try to use my Pilot as a flight bag, replacing a non-TB bag that I hated. (I'm using my DLBC for my work stuff until my Ristretto arrives). Summary: It's fantastic! For flying in a small plane (in my case, a club Cessna), the Pilot holds everything one needs very nicely. If anyone is especially interested, I can give a tour.

P.S. Sorry I'm not around more, but other things keep getting in the way, so I only come back when I find a need a new bag.