PDA

View Full Version : LUMINARY HACK WITH POUCHKINS

anna2222
08-02-2017, 12:10 PM
I've had my Luminary for a couple of weeks now and love the organization of this bag! The only thing I wanted was a couple of extra o-rings at the very top inside of the main compartment so I could attach and see my Pouchkins.

So I added a couple of keychain rings at the top to clip the Pouchkins to, and it worked out great! I can flip them over the back if I want them out of the way as I am searching in the bag.

I also found that I could fit a FULLY STUFFED 3DOC into the water bottle holder if I am not going to carry a water bottle with me.

I CAN SEE ALL MY POUCHKINS

POUCHKINS EASILY FLIPPED OUT OF THE WAY WHEN NEEDED

FULLY STUFFED 3DOC FITS INSIDE WATER BOTTLE HOLDER

Mausermama
08-02-2017, 02:08 PM
I would also love to have some rings at the top. How did you attach them? They look really nice!

anna2222
08-02-2017, 05:06 PM
@Mausermama,

Very easy, just do a whipstitch with heavy duty thread (I used carpet thread because that is what I had in my sewing kit) on the INSIDE part of the black lining and you are done. Use a heavier than normal needle and it goes through the material pretty easily.

I thought about using smaller rings or asking TB if they would sell me some o-rings, but then I realized that the bigger rings are better for MORE POUCHKINS! Love those little things! I also have a bit of trouble trying to clip those Pouchkins onto the TB o-rings.

Here is a close-up of the stitching placement:

AlaskaGirl
08-03-2017, 12:37 AM
Very nice! Thank you for the explanation and close up photo. Now I see how the Pouchkins will work for me. Enabler points to you. Thank you! elisa

sujo
08-03-2017, 08:14 AM
I recently bought an AmazonBasics 15.6 Laptop bag (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DUGZFWY/ref=cm_sw_su_dp). It is more compact than my ID and fits my laptop better than the Large Cafe Bag. My laptop is just a tad too large for the LCB and for the Daylight Briefcase. (Patiently waiting for the DLBC to get a big brother. :) )

Anyway, it is a very no-frills bag, including no O-rings. So, I fashioned myself one using some webbing strap and a loop I took from a key ring. I have extremely limited sewing skills, but managed to attach this. I have a key strap for keys and one attached to my Iberian Pen/Tool wrap. I think it will break loose after a few uses. When it does, I might try to do what's shown above.