PDA

View Full Version : Synapse 19 questions

MtnMan
08-04-2017, 05:43 PM
I'm looking at Synapses, half-seriously, on eBay.

I am wondering about whether a Synapse 19 could carry any of the following:

pre-2016 MacBook Pro 13-inch
2016-or-newer MacBook Pro 15-inch
iPad Pro 10.5
Field Journal Notebook

I assume there are caches available for any of these devices, correct?

If I buy a used Synapse 19, but it isn't set up for the cache-with-rails, how difficult is it to install the necessary hardware to facilitate that configuration?

allanorn
08-04-2017, 10:13 PM
I own a 2016 MacBook Pro 15-inch and had to buy a S25; the S19 is a tad too small for the laptop. An S19 would fit anything else.

For cache-with-rails, there are two loops in the inside of the main compartment, at the top of the Synapse by the grab-handle. Those are where the Gatekeeper straps go to hook in the cache system. If the bag doesn't have them, you'd have to get them sewed into the bag.

TorontoSS
08-09-2017, 01:48 PM
I'm looking at Synapses, half-seriously, on eBay.

I am wondering about whether a Synapse 19 could carry any of the following:

pre-2016 MacBook Pro 13-inch
2016-or-newer MacBook Pro 15-inch
iPad Pro 10.5
Field Journal Notebook

I assume there are caches available for any of these devices, correct?

If I buy a used Synapse 19, but it isn't set up for the cache-with-rails, how difficult is it to install the necessary hardware to facilitate that configuration?

I actually use a synapse 19 for work. I don't normally carry my work laptop but I do at times. It's an old 15 inch laptop much bigger than a mac since 2007. It squeezes fine for me. Yes it's squeezed but not too bad.

MtnMan
08-16-2017, 08:45 PM
My mother has a pre-2016 MacBook Pro ("legacy ports"). I was thinking of buying one for her so she has a backpack, and maybe get a Cache with Rails later so she can haul around the laptop.