PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed! Synapse 19 or Synapse 25

sneakergalleryph
08-09-2017, 01:39 AM
I am currently looking for an everyday carry / travel back pack. I am torn between the 2 bags. Leaning towards the Synapse 25 but it might be big for me for EDC. I am about 5' 10" tall and skinny. Synapse 19 might be too small. I wonder if they should have made a Synapse 22 or something LOL.

Any inputs, much appreciated.

cessy
08-09-2017, 01:57 AM
In my opinion the difference between the two sizes are significant. My skinny 8 year old has been using a synapse 19 for as his carry on when we travel for the last 2 years. I would also take into account if you will be filling it all the way or not and how you want it to look.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Ilkyway
08-09-2017, 03:48 AM
The Synapses underpack well so having it half empty does not look weird on the bigger one. But I agree: the size difference is quite signifficant.
I have tried to make the S19 work for me numeros times. It has enough space for my edc but the outer pockets are so much smaller than on the S25 that I never can set it up "just right".
That being said I am 6'2 and therefor might also feel the S19 looks a bit small on me. But in the end both are great and both have through their great organisation lots of possibilities to set them up.

Ilkyway

Talkshop90
08-09-2017, 11:01 AM
I ended up selling my S25 because my S 19 is plenty big for an EDC, including my laptop. While the S25 underpacks well, it swallowed up my everyday items. For light travel, the S19 is capable. When I needed to carry more, I found the S25 to me too bulky with the way it protruded. They are both great bags but the size difference is considerable.

hachkc
08-09-2017, 11:20 AM
I ended up selling my S25 because my S 19 is plenty big for an EDC, including my laptop. While the S25 underpacks well, it swallowed up my everyday items. For light travel, the S19 is capable. When I needed to carry more, I found the S25 to me too bulky with the way it protruded. They are both great bags but the size difference is considerable.

Pretty much my experience also.

I have an S25 but for general EDC type use, its just too big. If I need a my EDC gear, 2nd pair of shoes, change of clothes, etc, the S25 works great though. For my laptop, notebook and such, the S25 just felt too big.

carl0
08-09-2017, 12:23 PM
the s25 did not fit me well. i use my s19 all the time. but obviously you carry less...that said, it holds a lot. it's my personal item for flights, it's my weekend bag with the kiddo's water bottle, snacks, extra clothes,, take it to the pool, the beach, etc.

my advice would be buy both and return one...

sneakergalleryph
08-10-2017, 01:27 AM
I guess that the S19 will be much useful for EDC. The S25 will be better for travelling for 3-5 days.

28mm
09-07-2017, 04:16 PM
I pretty much am in the same situation. I am 5 11", 172lbs.

I ordered the S19 and love it, it's perfect for EDC but there are times I need a little bigger like when I take an old medium format camera, I am a photographer and pretty much if there's light and I am out, I carry my camera. But other than that the S19 might be perfect as I don't usually need more room.

I have an S25 en route and the only way I will know for sure which is best is to try both and maybe keep both. Although, I tend to be a minimalist and don't like the idea of shifting things all the time either.

bensonhsu
09-08-2017, 11:06 AM
I used to have a S25, then I felt it's too big for daily use. Because I won't carry many things with me everyday.

carrot
09-08-2017, 02:07 PM
I'm a pretty tall guy, and I found the S19 to be perfect for daily use.

I would prefer the S25 for traveling or if I had to carry a laptop and a change of clothes every day.