PDA

View Full Version : How to use Annex Clips with the "new" Brain Bag?

Ms. Ferret
08-19-2017, 12:53 PM
Despite holding out for a "smaller Brain Bag" for years now, I couldn't resist the all-ballistic full-sized version and picked one up this week (Black/Viridian :heart_eyes:)!

Although the Annex Clips are still mentioned on the Brain Bag page ("we still use Annex ClipsŪ today"), I was a bit disappointed to find that the new Brain Bag no longer seems to have the attachment points for these, ONLY the loops for the Cache with Rails. :( This week I carried my laptop in its Brain Cell loose in the main compartment; having the weight swinging around in the bottom of the bag, vs. affixed to the top, does make the bag seem heavier when carried.

Is there a recommended way to attach the Brain Cell to the loops meant for the Cache with Rails, to hold the Brain Cell near the top of the bag? I'm thinking I could clip a keystrap or similar to the attachment points on the corners of the Brain Cell, and run that through the Cache loops, but I was wondering if anyone had a good hack for this.

thunderkeys
08-27-2017, 07:23 AM
The loops are compatible - see how I have it setup in the images below. This is how the Brain Bag + Brain Cell arrived when I ordered them together. ETA: maybe these aren't the rail loops / aren't on the newer Brain Bags? Mine is from 2014.

ceepee
08-27-2017, 08:31 AM
The loops are compatible - see how I have it setup in the images below. This is how the Brain Bag + Brain Cell arrived when I ordered them together.

Those loops are no longer present in the Brain Bags made with the new Ballistic fabric.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170827/fc42febcbc90ca66d79e8e3898f1f56e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thunderkeys
08-27-2017, 09:48 AM
Those loops are no longer present in the Brain Bags made with the new Ballistic fabric.

Ah, that would explain it.