Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,301   Posts: 197,937   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 177
Welcome to our newest member, thefrillyhell.

Kids using their Brain Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • staypuppy
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2017

My kids walking to school with their new Brain Bags.

• Rocks
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2011

Aww! They look perfect. It's great to get them something that will last their whole school life.
    What a beautiful walk, too!

Comment

• staypuppy
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2017

Thanks! I hope they last a long, long time!

Comment

• haraya
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2013

Your kids must be tall!! I would be overwhelmed with a Brain Bag, never mind my 9yo! (Though my 13yo is at least 3 inches taller than me now, so she might be okay with the BB.) :D

Comment

• staypuppy
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2017

They just turned 8 last month. [emoji3] They are 4’7” and 4’8”. We keep the bags cinched down so they are thinner, and are getting them used to using waist straps.

Comment

• Perseffect
            Forum Member
            • May 2014

Just curious, what was the reason for picking the 36L Brain bags v say the S19? Is it their longevity as the kids grow or so they can have them for multi-use (e.g. Travel?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Comment

• staypuppy
              Forum Member
              • Aug 2017

We actually started with the S19. Once we put in a lunch box, planner and water bottle there was very little room left. It was smaller than the cheap bags we were replacing. With the weather we have, they may need to bring coats, snow pants and sometimes snow boots. Not to mention other school supplies like books. We looked at the S25 and the Brain Bag. The 25 wasn’t a whole lot bigger than the 19 (1100 cu inches vs 1500 cu inches). The Brain Bag is probably a little too big but it has two main compartments and room to grow. It can be cinched down thinly when it’s not full. We are hoping it lasts many years. They don’t carry a lot to school now, but will increasingly start to. We didn’t want to get something they would outgrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Walker
                Forum Member
                • May 2011

The Brain Bag is the perfect school bag. I wish Tom Bihn made a smaller Brain Bag Junior. This has been discussed in previous years.

The BB is also a great travel bag.

Disclosure: I have a soft spot for the BB - just do not have much use for it since I collected an A45, a TS, a WF and a large Yeoman.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Comment

• pvn
                  Forum Member
                  • Dec 2016

BB confirmed fantastic travel bag if you are a light packer. I have gone all over with the BB, multiple-week trips and I have room for my laptop + doodads, clothes, toiletries plus left over room for stuff I pick up along the way. A++++++++ would buy again. Just absolutely perfect for my (very particular) use case.

Comment

• staypuppy
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    The Brain Bag is the perfect school bag. I wish Tom Bihn made a smaller Brain Bag Junior.
                    Yes, a Junior version would have been great! There is something about the dual compartments that I really like, which you can't get in the Synapse.

Comment

• staypuppy
                      Forum Member
                      • Aug 2017

Originally posted by pvn View Post
                      BB confirmed fantastic travel bag if you are a light packer. I have gone all over with the BB, multiple-week trips and I have room for my laptop + doodads, clothes, toiletries plus left over room for stuff I pick up along the way. A++++++++ would buy again. Just absolutely perfect for my (very particular) use case.
                      My husband and I love ours. The kids don't realize how lucky they are to have them. We were more excited than they were... I'm hoping for many years out of them!

Comment

Working...
                      X