PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Use

KmK
09-04-2017, 05:45 PM
I had two small travel trays that were biding their time for an inaugural trip. They got it this weekend. The trip was short. And dark. Small travel trays are awesome dresser drawer organizers! So until such a time as a suitcase and passport are needed, there they shall remain, holding all manner of whatnot that would ordinarily be cluttering up the top of my dresser and top drawer...momentos like a Paris subway ticket, an extra chapstick, two teeny binder clips, coins from countries that no longer use those coins... You know...Stuff.

And, bonus, I get a great Shazam! of color when I open the drawer.

Ilkyway
09-04-2017, 10:26 PM
Nice!

I use the large TTs inside the kids underwear drawers to hold their summer socks. Otherwise everything in there will morphe into one big rumble-jumble. And I so agree on themgreat Shazam of colour.

Ilkyway

BWeaves
09-05-2017, 05:39 AM
I really wish the TT's had a zip top instead of a drawstring. There are things, like jewelry, that I'd love to use the TT for, only the drawstring doesn't close well enough to keep rings or earrings or some pendants or chains inside the TT. The hole left in the top of the TT is just not secure enough.

Or even if the drawstring portion was a much thinner material so it closed better, that would help.

Ilkyway
09-05-2017, 10:19 PM
The shape of the TT does not lend itself to a zipper but how about using a mini organizer pouch inside the TT?

On travel I use a Yarn Stuff Sack in the same manner people use the TT. On one occation, when I put my jelewry inside to go through security I simply layed a paper tussue in top of everything before clothing the drawstring. Worked well too. I do clip the Yarb Stuff Sack to the outside of my SA for when it goes through the scanner thingy.

Ilkyway

BWeaves
09-06-2017, 04:37 AM
Oh, I just use a different zippered bag for my jewelry. But since I like to take the TT with me, it would be nice NOT to have to take an extra bag. If instead of the fold down top, the TT had a zip around lid that flipped back, that would work for me.