PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed, Synapse 19 is too small for me, which one I should order?

bensonhsu
09-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Just received my S19, but lately when I went for a small trip. I found it cannot hold enough clothes I need. Should I order a S25?
I am also thinking buying a parental unit I can use for working out.
Any suggestion? thank you all.

通过我的 MHA-AL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

bensonhsu
09-09-2017, 08:54 PM
I ordered a co pliot as well. [emoji4]

AlaskaGirl
09-09-2017, 09:47 PM
Greetings,
What will you be packing? If you share your packing list with us, we will be better able to help. It might also be helpful to know what size clothing you wear, as large items take more space. Will you carry a pair of shoes in the bag? If so, what size shoes do you wear? elisa

bensonhsu
09-09-2017, 10:37 PM
Greetings,
What will you be packing? If you share your packing list with us, we will be better able to help. It might also be helpful to know what size clothing you wear, as large items take more space. Will you carry a pair of shoes in the bag? If so, what size shoes do you wear? elisaThanks Elisa,

My packing list:
1. One or two days clothes. Pants and tshirt usually.

2. Toiletry. The lower compartment of S19 is kind of small for a big pouch.

3. No shoes, maybe slippers. I will exchange shoes before the gym. So daily use I dont need worry about space for shoes.
if I go to a business trip, a pair of shoes is necessary.

4. Towel.

5. Tissues, chargers, wallets, glasses and card holder.

In China when we are taking flight we usually carry a suitcase and we dont need to pay extra fee, so an nice design like aeronaut 30or45 maybe not suitable.
When I go travel with my girlfriend we use suitcase as well.

I bought a co pilot for small stuffs when we went out.

I already have a S19, and I sold my S25 after I did a Chinese review without using it. Now I felt regrets.

Now I am thinking which one I should buy?
1. Parental Unit for daily and mainly gym.
2. S25 so I could use it when I need pack more.
or anything else?
Thank you very much.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170910/2cc58ba2212cc5651f99acb57ee4d721.jpg

carrot
09-12-2017, 08:49 AM
Since you already had an S25 in your possession, I'm guessing you already know whether or not it would work for you.

I think the larger Synapse is a good bag. For trips suitable with a small backpack, I don't know of a better bag than the Synapse. The organizational pockets make life much easier as you aren't rifling through your things or dumping them out on the floor.

The Parental Unit actually does look like it would make a great gym bag. Here in the USA a very popular style of gym bag is a duffel, so the first thing that comes to mind for me is a Mini or Small Yeoman duffel. But you do not get any pockets for shoes, spare socks, etc, to go in, so maybe the Road Duffel would be a great choice.

Gym stuff is a tricky use case. I wouldn't want to subject my Bihn bags to my gross, sweaty gym gear. They feel too elegant for that. However, once you taste Bihn quality, it's hard to want to carry some giveaway duffel bag.

bensonhsu
09-14-2017, 10:30 AM
Since you already had an S25 in your possession, I'm guessing you already know whether or not it would work for you.

I think the larger Synapse is a good bag. For trips suitable with a small backpack, I don't know of a better bag than the Synapse. The organizational pockets make life much easier as you aren't rifling through your things or dumping them out on the floor.

The Parental Unit actually does look like it would make a great gym bag. Here in the USA a very popular style of gym bag is a duffel, so the first thing that comes to mind for me is a Mini or Small Yeoman duffel. But you do not get any pockets for shoes, spare socks, etc, to go in, so maybe the Road Duffel would be a great choice.

Gym stuff is a tricky use case. I wouldn't want to subject my Bihn bags to my gross, sweaty gym gear. They feel too elegant for that. However, once you taste Bihn quality, it's hard to want to carry some giveaway duffel bag.

Thank you for your patient reply.

I am think having a S25 again. It could be the last EDC backpack for me and I like the 525 materials.

I have several duffels, like EASTPAK, Killspencer and Louis Vuitton Keepall 55. They are dumb and just have one main compartment. Some add side pocket, but it just not that good for use. The Yeoman seems to be nice made, but I want to have a multi-functional bag. I am short and my gym stuff isn't that much so the Road Duffel seems too big for me. I am around 1.75 Meters. Thank you for your reply I noticed there is a brand new one on Ebay.

After go through the products again and again, Now I really want a S25 to replace my S19. There is a Co-Pilot on the way to my home. Also I want to try the Smart Alec, Night flight and the Parental Unit.

Nice to exchange thought with you guys across the ocean.

Cheers!