PDA

View Full Version : Pouch for small medicines

sthayashi
09-15-2017, 03:38 PM
Hello everyone,

I just got my Synapse 25 and I've been excitedly using it as my regular bag for all the stuff I use. One thing I carry is an assortment of medicine. I prefer the small bottles due to cost/size etc. These are things like ibuprofen, cetirizine, tylenol and benedryl. Each bottle is about 1.5" in diameter and 2.25-2.5" tall.

While they fit quite well in the Synapse 25 side pockets, it would make sense to get a dedicated pouch for them. But as soon as I start browsing Tom Bihns pouches, I get lost in the variety.

Has anyone got any suggestions? I'm thinking either clear or mesh would be best, but I can't even venture to guess what size would work well.

MJMEBLOM
09-15-2017, 04:16 PM
I don't have a S25 but I do find that size 1 stuff sack fits rather nicely into the side pocket of my S19. I use a small carabiner and loop it through the pull cord and then attach that to the o-ring. Work well! Those little travel size bottle would fit in the TSS easily. The only thing is the TSS doesn't come in mesh of the clear plastic. Another option that I hear fits nicely in the side pocket of the Synapses are the Q kits. I could also see the travel size medicine containers fitting well in the Q kit.

Hopefully someone with more S25 expertise will chime in for you. Good Luck!

pammy
09-15-2017, 05:19 PM
Hello @sthayashi, welcome to the forum.

In looking around my house, I found four bottles, although the bottles are approximately 3 inches tall, a little taller than yours. As you can see from the pictures, there is enough room to add additional things to either the #1 stuff sack or 3DOC. I would sort of lean toward the stuff sack so you can stack a few more things, but both of them would work.

capncat
09-15-2017, 05:34 PM
i carry the exact same assortment of meds in tiny ziplock bags from the pharmacy (usually around the pill organizers), and then stash them in a mini OP. I've traveled loads and nobody has batted an eye at this setup.

Cristina
09-17-2017, 12:59 PM
Hello everyone,

I just got my Synapse 25 and I've been excitedly using it as my regular bag for all the stuff I use. One thing I carry is an assortment of medicine. I prefer the small bottles due to cost/size etc. These are things like ibuprofen, cetirizine, tylenol and benedryl. Each bottle is about 1.5" in diameter and 2.25-2.5" tall.

While they fit quite well in the Synapse 25 side pockets, it would make sense to get a dedicated pouch for them. But as soon as I start browsing Tom Bihns pouches, I get lost in the variety.

Has anyone got any suggestions? I'm thinking either clear or mesh would be best, but I can't even venture to guess what size would work well.

If you are able to get even smaller bottles/tubes (perhaps refilling from larger ones at home?) then you could use a small OP. Here are some small tubes of OTC meds in a small OP (top) and a mini (bottom). They fit much better in the small. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170917/c79ed1c435ae15c9db14776f3cf5c56f.jpg

But really, my favourite for the S25 side pockets is the Small Q-Kit (which is actually the larger size, as the Mini is the smaller one). Here are the contents of both OPs pictures above, with room to spare in the Q-Kit.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170917/ac1a5a25d3ed09cc778aeeb6aecf6a25.jpg

The Q-Kit fits perfectly in the side pocket and it clips right onto the O-ring so you know it won't fall out. It is also a great size for sunglasses.

sthayashi
09-17-2017, 10:07 PM
I don't have a S25 but I do find that size 1 stuff sack fits rather nicely into the side pocket of my S19. I use a small carabiner and loop it through the pull cord and then attach that to the o-ring. Work well! Those little travel size bottle would fit in the TSS easily. The only thing is the TSS doesn't come in mesh of the clear plastic.

In looking around my house, I found four bottles, although the bottles are approximately 3 inches tall, a little taller than yours. As you can see from the pictures, there is enough room to add additional things to either the #1 stuff sack or 3DOC. I would sort of lean toward the stuff sack so you can stack a few more things, but both of them would work.
Thank you both for the stuff sack suggestion. I'm leaning against it since when bottles are in the stuff sack, you can't see the labels. I know I could write the contents on the lid tops, but I don't know if I like the feel of that sort of organization.

That said, the 3DOC looks just about perfect.

Though Cristina's suggestion is very tempting too:

If you are able to get even smaller bottles/tubes (perhaps refilling from larger ones at home?) then you could use a small OP. Here are some small tubes of OTC meds in a small OP (top) and a mini (bottom). They fit much better in the small.

But really, my favourite for the S25 side pockets is the Small Q-Kit (which is actually the larger size, as the Mini is the smaller one). Here are the contents of both OPs pictures above, with room to spare in the Q-Kit.

The Q-Kit fits perfectly in the side pocket and it clips right onto the O-ring so you know it won't fall out. It is also a great size for sunglasses.
Ever have one of those "Of course! why didn't I think of that?" moments? The travel sized medicine containers are just that for me. That said, would the OP stretch enough to fit the bottle sizes I suggested? I have to think about how to migrate this, given that I still have a fair bit of everything in each of those bottles.

i carry the exact same assortment of meds in tiny ziplock bags from the pharmacy (usually around the pill organizers), and then stash them in a mini OP. I've traveled loads and nobody has batted an eye at this setup. Thank you for the suggestion. I actually have tiny ziplock bags I could put to use, though storing bare pills makes me nervous and uncomfortable for reasons I can't fully put to words (potential for damage? Fishing for a pill in a bag? These aren't good reasons, but they're what come to mind.