PDA

View Full Version : Shelf of Deluxe Spiff Kit - what do you use it for?

b1gsky
09-19-2017, 04:55 AM
I bought the Deluxe Spiff Kit for little money on eBay a while ago and I really like it, but I don't use the shelf at all. It's just dead space. But it doesn't show any wear and I don't really want to spend money on a new standard Spiff Kit when I already own one. Any ideas or tips to get use out of the shelf? Any bag hacks?

BWeaves
09-19-2017, 05:27 AM
Bag swap? Someone might be happy to get the bigger Spiff kit for the amount they paid for the small one.

Ditmo
09-19-2017, 06:36 AM
Toothbrush and paste holder! Works perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pammy
09-19-2017, 07:18 AM
Check out this thread: https://forums.tombihn.com/questions-about-bags/9399-question-about-spiff-kit-deluxe.html

There are pictures where some have used the shelf to hold a towel, hair brush, or a toothbrush, as @Ditmo mentioned above. Maybe that could work for you too. Since that thread is a couple of years old, maybe more clever people have come up new ways to use the shelf.

b1gsky
09-19-2017, 09:49 AM
@BWeaves
A good idea, but I am in Germany so swapping would be difficult for most I think (shipping etc).

@Ditmo
Thanks! How do you keep them from falling off? I worry about making a wrong move and my toothbrush falling to the ground... (Eww)

@Pammy
Thanks for the link, Pammy! The idea with the brush seems like a good idea, but with a pixie cut (and curls when my hair is long) I don't brush my hair. I simply use my fingers or a little wide tooth comb. I do like the idea of maybe keeping a small washcloth stored there, I will have to see if one of mine fits. My towel is too big, I already tried that.

Ditmo
09-19-2017, 10:25 AM
Thanks! How do you keep them from falling off? I worry about making a wrong move and my toothbrush falling to the ground... (Eww)

A full-size toothbrush and travel toothpaste actually fit pretty tightly together behind the little buttoned strap. I take both off and use them, then replace both together (i.e. Neither item is ever in there alone) and haven't had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b1gsky
09-21-2017, 05:58 AM
A full-size toothbrush and travel toothpaste actually fit pretty tightly together behind the little buttoned strap. I take both off and use them, then replace both together (i.e. Neither item is ever in there alone) and haven't had a problem.

Thanks - I had a look and actually it's less space than I thought it was, so this might work, just as you described. I'm going to give it a try on my next trip, I just need to take care that I buy a size of toothpaste that works for this setup.