PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Star Packing Cube Backpack & Brain Bag - a happy union?

UpToNoGood
10-14-2017, 05:36 PM
Help, please! I'm trying to find a way to love my new Brain Bag and pack it in such a way that a) it's comfortable and b) it doesn't bulge like mad. I really want to make sure it will fit under the airplane seats for some international travel I have coming up. I *think* the Tri-star Packing Cube Backpack may help meet these goals. My intent is to use the Tri-star Backpack as a packing cube for clothes in one of the brain bag compartments, probably the outer one. In the inner one I'd put heavier items:
My Yogo yoga mat

Surface pro and a textbook and/or legal pad, headphones, and cords all tucked into my Lihit Lab Smart Fit organizer

Midori TN regular size

a TB FAK

my TB TSA-friendly toiletries bag

On the little "sunglasses" pocket at the top of the bag I'll have q-kit for my Rx bottle.

With all this there should still be room in the outer compartment to stuff a jacket and maybe my Hokas or another pair of shoes.

For those of you with experience with these bags, does this sound like a reasonable plan?

backpack
10-14-2017, 09:45 PM
It is great!

How big are you shoes and the yoga mat?

UpToNoGood
10-15-2017, 02:24 PM
The shoes are going to be a pair of size 8.5/39 heeled clogs or size 8 Hoka One One's. I'll wear one and pack the other. This is the yoga mat:

https://www.amazon.com/Ultralight-Travel-Yoga-Mat-YOGO/dp/B01AGXVEZK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1508102356&sr=8-2&keywords=yogo+mats

I usually pack it on the very bottom of the BB, but it would probably fit on the outside center water bottle carrier.