PDA

View Full Version : S25 Frame Sheet - One Week In

SIM
12-09-2017, 12:17 PM
One week in to testing the S25 with the new frame sheet. Full EDC load less camera gear during the week and now same plus camera gear for a weekend trip up to the North Shore of MN this weekend.

Itís honestly like a different pack for me. Great structure. Nothing poking me in the back. Carries great with my full load even for a 5 mile winter hike yesterday and a bunch of short stuff today. Iím using the hip belt for the hiking and itís just an exponential improvement vs the Pack w/o the frame sheet installed.

If you own an S25 donít hesitate to order the frame sheet when the come back in stock.

Iím tilted to the left a little in the photo trying to get the dogís attention so the Pack looks tilted but it really isnít.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171209/d63199f15a3604f24e4bc284f8bfb73f.jpg

Kelly S
12-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Totally agree. It's a fabulous improvement on a bag I already loved.
It makes the s25 even more awesomer.

I carried two gallons of milk, and a hoodie in mine today (grocery run) and with the frame sheet, chest clip, and hip belt the weight almost disappeared.
It was kinda cool how you can feel the weight shifting a bit as you hook up the chest clip and hip belt.

wavebeam
12-10-2017, 09:19 AM
I have been loving mine too. I use mine without the aluminum stay.. The frame sheet does more than enough for my loadout. It makes things so much more comfortable while running around all day for work.

S25 Internal Frame = WIN

GrussGott
12-19-2017, 08:55 PM
Whereabouts is that? Duluth, Silver bay? or all the way to Grand Marais?

grellowgal
12-20-2017, 08:12 PM

My first guess was Grand Marais but now Iím guessing around Tofte. [emoji4]

Changing my mind. I think just north of Two Harbors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SIM
12-21-2017, 09:59 AM

I recollect it is Temperance River State Park. That is as far north as we went on this trip. We were staying in Duluth.

EBP
12-29-2017, 07:29 AM
Can you use the internal frame with a cashe?

fatih
12-29-2017, 07:43 AM
Can you use the internal frame with a cashe?

Yes you can, here is a picture of it:

I've wrote more about this in my review if you're interested https://arslan.io/2017/12/28/tom-bihn-guides-edition-synapse-25-review/ :)

EBP
12-29-2017, 08:06 AM
Thank you!

carrot
01-03-2018, 08:16 AM
I just have to chime in to say that I have the S19 Frame Sheet and I'd initially planned on putting it in and taking it out depending on my needs for the day but I liked it so much that I consider it a permanent addition to my bag.

Literally this is the best thing that has happened to me bag-wise since buying the Synapse in the first place.

EBP
01-03-2018, 10:38 AM
I just have to chime in to say that I have the S19 Frame Sheet and I'd initially planned on putting it in and taking it out depending on my needs for the day but I liked it so much that I consider it a permanent addition to my bag.

Literally this is the best thing that has happened to me bag-wise since buying the Synapse in the first place.

I can’t wait for these to get back in stock for the S25. Take my money Tom Bihn!

G42
01-03-2018, 05:06 PM
I have an S19 frame from the first wave and it hasn't left my bag...provides much needed structure

carl0
01-04-2018, 09:14 AM
+1 for the s19 frame. It's fantastic. Didn't know how much of a difference it would make.

EBP
01-10-2018, 08:44 AM
Ok the Frame is absolutely fantastic. Any minor quibbles i would have had with my S25 are gone. HIGHLY recommend this for S25 users.

pammy
01-10-2018, 01:36 PM
I havenít used the new frame in my S25 yet because I do not use it every day, but I did purchase one for Mr. pammy to use in his S25. You see he has a very nice steel dyneema/solar S25 that he used as EDC for the last couple of years. In that time, he tried the FS but he didnít care for it because it would slouch down. About the middle of last year, he decided to *gasp* shelve the S25 and went back to his Filson bag for EDC. However, getting the internal frame has been a game changer for the S25. Itís now back in action as his EDC and he is very happy with it. So for anyone who is on the fence about getting one, I would totally recommend it.

kathryn
01-25-2018, 12:51 PM
this thread convinced me to take the plunge on the frame sheet--I ordered it as soon as I saw the "in-stock" notice today...

:)

3rdCoastHighlander
01-28-2018, 06:42 AM
Does anyone know when the S19 Frame Sheet will be ready for sale. The TB Shop site says, "...late January." I just don't want to, miss out if the production numbers are smallish.

mcumeda
01-28-2018, 07:13 AM
You can sign up for an email alert. They’ll email you when they are in stock.

mikec
01-30-2018, 09:53 AM
I received the notification that the S25 frame set is available. I just ordered one.

SarahJaneMakes
02-21-2018, 07:16 PM
Any feedback from shorter folks on using the S25 with the frame sheet? Iím 4í11Ē with a somewhat short torso. I initially ordered the S19 and the S25 as options for #onebagtravel. I went with the S25 for volume. The fit of the S19 was better but the S25 is still far superior in fit to many other pack fits I tried. My concern is that the frame sheet will ride too low. What do my fellow small statured folks think???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terayon
02-21-2018, 09:22 PM
Any feedback from shorter folks on using the S25 with the frame sheet?

Iím 5í2Ē (not really sure about my torso length, but probably pretty average for my height), and the framesheet works beautifully.

I didnít get a lot of use out of the S25 until I got the framesheet as in general the S19 works best for me too - itís perfectly comfortable without a framesheet or waist belt. But if I need the volume, the S25 with framesheet and padded hip belt transfer the bagís weight to my hips so my shoulders will be good all day. Itís been a total game changer for me with this bag.

carrot
03-07-2018, 04:58 PM
Crazy question for the folks out there with both bags and framesheets:

Has anybody tried the S19 framesheet in a S25? How's it feel???

phreddyl
04-25-2018, 06:47 AM
Crazy question for the folks out there with both bags and framesheets:

Has anybody tried the S19 framesheet in a S25? How's it feel???

I would be curious of this as well. Iím 5í3Ē and a little concerned the 25 sheet would be too much. Also deciding if I need it. Full disclosure I just ordered a S25. I am new to Tom Bihn. I carry a MacBook Air and other assorted things for work with extra clothes and stuff. Not sure if that is heavy enough to warrant it. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk