Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,301   Posts: 197,936   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 177
Welcome to our newest member, thefrillyhell.

Synapse 25 - Water Bottle Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EBP
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2017

Tom Bihn newbie here.

I purchased my beloved Synapse 25 for an EDC about a year ago . Since then I’ve become slightly obsessed with it and the organization of all the stuff I carry to work every day (office job. Nothing crazy).

I am looking at a large snake charmer for the bottom and a 3D Organization Cube for one of the side pockets (let me know if I should switch this up). I have a few Clear Organizational Pouches already that I have sprinkled throughout the bag.

What I'm looking for water bottle recommendation for the water bottle pocket. I like to drink cold water so something that isn't going to have condensation issues would be ideal.

Let me know if you have anything that will fit the bill.

Thanks!
    EDC: Synapse 25 Guide Edition - Deep Blue
    Others: Birds and Beans Limited Edition Small Cafe Bag - Burnt Orange
  • Rocks
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2011

Zojirushi 16 or 20oz. I have a handful of them and they're all great. They're light, they don't leak, and they keep things hot or cold for hours. I've made coffee the night before and when I woke up, it was still noticeably hot. They work even better with cold beverages, I believe.

Comment

• jmachats
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2011

Klean Kanteen 32 or 20 oz Insulated Classic. I've never put anything hot in them but for cold they keep them ice cold all day long. The 20 oz has some small condensation issues on the cap but it's not bad. And surprisingly they both fit into the center pocket of my Synapse 19 as well.

Comment

• Artdime
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2016

I have a Klean Kanteen insulated 16 oz wide mouth bottle and a 32 oz insulated HydroFlask. They both fit in the S25 without issues.
        Today is a good day for a good day!

Comment

• tuskegee7294
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by EBP View Post

Tom Bihn newbie here.

I purchased my beloved Synapse 25 for an EDC about a year ago . Since then I’ve become slightly obsessed with it and the organization of all the stuff I carry to work every day (office job. Nothing crazy).

I am looking at a large snake charmer for the bottom and a 3D Organization Cube for one of the side pockets (let me know if I should switch this up). I have a few Clear Organizational Pouches already that I have sprinkled throughout the bag.

What I'm looking for water bottle recommendation for the water bottle pocket. I like to drink cold water so something that isn't going to have condensation issues would be ideal.

Let me know if you have anything that will fit the bill.

Thanks!
          I've used an 18 oz Yeti Rambler...the next size up will for as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Comment

• carrot
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2016

The Synapse 19 and 25 are sized perfectly for a standard 1 Liter Nalgene. Any bottle that size or smaller will fit great. If you are worried about condensation, steer clear of uninsulated bottles and get one of the newer, high tech stainless vacuum bottles. They will keep ice water or hot drinks for hours and will not sweat.

I often use the 32oz Klean Kanteen Classic Insulated, but the slimmer 20oz Klean Kanteen Insulated (Classic or Wide) or the 21oz HydroFlask will fit well too, especially if you also want to carry a short umbrella in there.

I squeeze the 24oz HydroFlask in there sometimes, but it's not a good fit, slightly too tall and pulls a bit on the front body of the bag.

I think the 32oz Wide Mouth HydroFlask will fit too, but I don't own one and I don't know anybody who does.

Comment

• EBP
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2017

I think i’m going to try a 20oz Kleen Kanteen. Thank you so much for your insight everyone
              EDC: Synapse 25 Guide Edition - Deep Blue
              Others: Birds and Beans Limited Edition Small Cafe Bag - Burnt Orange

Comment

• Harlil
                • Jan 2018

I use a Hydroflask 32oz widemouth with a straw-lid and it fits about as perfect as a water bottle can fit.

Comment

• sheep_jeep
                  Forum Member
                  • Mar 2010

For me, the size of the bottle I take depends a lot on my interior load. Will often take a smaller bottle if I have a stuffed bag, or am carrying books or a computer on the inside of the large pocket as this can take space from the water bottle pocket.

The 32oz widemouth hydroflask fits, but sometimes it helps to pack it first before stuffing the interior full. Depending on how full the interior is, it sometimes takes a bit of wiggling to get it in the pocket, but if the bag is not overly full it slides in and closes easily. When needed, I have also used my 40 oz hydroflask and just kept the zipper open as it is a bit tall for the pocket. Unless the bag is completely overturned the bottle stays in well enough without closing.

I have also managed to fit two 28oz Reduce brand insulated bottles (bought at Costco a while back, not sure where else to get them) side by side. Again, a tight squeeze, but the top will zip shut.

Comment

• solo
                    Forum Member
                    • Jun 2015

I use a FIFTY/FIFTY 40oz with hydro flask straw lid. When I put the straw lid on I was able to get it to zip up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Kelly S
                      Forum Member
                      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Harlil View Post
                      I use a Hydroflask 32oz widemouth with a straw-lid and it fits about as perfect as a water bottle can fit.
                      This comment just sold me on a 32oz widemouth Hydroflask with a straw lid.
                      Well. That....and they're having a sale on some of the colors they're retiring.

Comment

• slnsf
                        Forum Member
                        • May 2016

I use a Platypus 1L soft bottle; it has a flatter shape than the cylindrical of most hard bottles, weighs very little and can be flattened or rolled up when empty. It fits well in the front water bottle pocket.

Comment

• Melly2508
                          Forum Member
                          • Oct 2017

I am also on team HyrdroFlask. I've used the 21oz and the 32oz standard mouths without issue.

Comment

• Ricard
                            Forum Member
                            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by carrot View Post
                            The Synapse 19 and 25 are sized perfectly for a standard 1 Liter Nalgene. Any bottle that size or smaller will fit great. If you are worried about condensation, steer clear of uninsulated bottles and get one of the newer, high tech stainless vacuum bottles. They will keep ice water or hot drinks for hours and will not sweat.
                            Hello Carrot!

I have a 1 liter and one 1.5 liter Nalgene. Do you think the taller 1.5 will fit the S25?

(I hope its ok to ask a question that is on topic)

Comment

• kirbysgirl
                              Forum Member
                              • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Harlil View Post
                              Harlil,

Do you know if the 40 oz will fit in the S19? I'm looking at getting both for a trip to Utah this summer and Europe a month after that trip.

Thanks,

kirbysgirl

Comment

Working...
                              X