PDA

View Full Version : How I store my bags

Dancingphysicist
02-11-2018, 12:21 AM
I've been having problems finding places to put my growing collection of Tom Bihn bags. Here is my latest attempt using some spare space in a closet. For most of the lighter bags I can just loop a metal coat hanger through the handle and hang it. I'm using the Hero clip for the A45.

From left to right: A45, DLBP, SK, Pilot, Brain Cell, FS, A30 TSS (full of other packing cubes), SA, S19 (his), S19 (hers).

Cristina
02-11-2018, 05:08 AM
I don't have a great solution for my big bags either but I love seeing my shelf of small things:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180211/15aef096649ac1dc3ea74d56a21b2426.jpg

The hardest thing about storing them this way is making sure Island and Fjord are never next to each other because they look terrible together. Both look great with Sitka though so I put that in the middle.

kmw
02-12-2018, 12:38 PM
I've yet to come up with a great solution, so I'm following this thread with interest. Some bags that we access less often are fairly sorted -- e.g., Snake Charmers and some cubey/pouchy things inside S19, inside S25, inside A45, inside roller suitcase, inside closet -- but I haven't yet landed on a filing method for higher rotation cubey/pouchy things and Cafe Bags that I'm happy with.

SouthernBelle
03-07-2018, 06:57 PM
I don't really have enough closet space (unless I wanted to clutter up the floor of my closet), so I kept the boxes my stuff arrived in, and store them under my bed (have 2 boxes, so I just stack one on top of the other). I use my S25 during the week for school, so it's only in the summer (if I'm not taking classes) that I put it back in the box. My mini q-kit and size 1 TSS stay in my EDC (currently a Kavu bag). The A30, S25, and PCSB stay in one box, while all accessories (clear 3D OC, straps, TSS (2 of them), and other random non-TB travel accessories) stay in the other box. So far this has worked pretty well for me and it's really easy to access and find everything I need. I also labeled the tops of the boxes, so I don't have to open both of them to find what I want.

kathryn
03-09-2018, 01:41 PM
Storing packing cubes, pouches and accessories is where I struggle. My current strategy is cram them all in any which way in an IKEA storage bin/drawer. When I need one, I pull out the drawer and dump everything out on my bed. Then I grab what I need and cram everything else back in. It's not elegant, to say the least. :)

My bigger bags are easier, with all my suitcase/duffel type bags stacked flat on a shelf (it's a mini step pyramid of luggage!), and all my backpacks hanging from S-hooks.

nimikor
03-09-2018, 03:08 PM
Storing packing cubes, pouches and accessories is where I struggle. My current strategy is cram them all in any which way in an IKEA storage bin/drawer. When I need one, I pull out the drawer and dump everything out on my bed. Then I grab what I need and cram everything else back in.

My system is similar to yours except instead of a drawer I use a LSB to hold everything, and that sits on my closet floor when not in use.

aedifica
03-10-2018, 02:32 PM
Storing packing cubes, pouches and accessories is where I struggle. My current strategy is cram them all in any which way in an IKEA storage bin/drawer. When I need one, I pull out the drawer and dump everything out on my bed. Then I grab what I need and cram everything else back in.

I do something similar, with one important difference: I put things inside others of the same type. My size 1 TSSes are in a size 1 TSS, etc, and all those TSSes are in a size 4 TSS. Same with yarn stuff sacks in yarn stuff sacks, 3DOCs in 3DOCs (with each zipper opened so it won't be harmed by being folded), Snake Charmers, etc. It makes it much easier to find what I'm looking for! Pouches are all clipped to a few rings, which lie not-quite-flat on top of the other stuff.

As to what all these are in, for now I've been keeping them in a TB shipping box because it was handy. I've been thinking about reorganizing and moving them to a drawer with other travel accessories, though.

Kirri
03-10-2018, 04:20 PM
That is brilliant! I love the idea of putting all stuff sacks inside one same size, etc.

I have my big bags in the boxes - a few of each as we have a family supply - but like the idea of hanging.