PDA

View Full Version : Suggest new Imago color combinations

Darcy
05-16-2008, 10:41 AM
You guys suggested such great Swift (http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/200/TB0660) color combinations that we thought we'd ask you for your input on new Imago (http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/200/TB0810) color combinations.

Your palette to play with is:

Cordura bags --
Exterior: Black, Steel, Crimson, Olive, Cocoa, Plum, Sapphire, Kelly, Navy,
Storm.
Interior: Steel, Cayenne, Wasabi, Olive, and Sapphire.

Ballistic nylon bags --
Exterior: Black, Steel, Crimson.
Interior: Steel, Cayenne, Wasabi, Olive, and Sapphire.

LWarren
05-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Hmmm... how about The Blues Bag in Cordura... Navy exterior, with a Storm flap and Sapphire interior. For those inclined to more neutral tones than to sea shades, The Cordura Earth Bag... Cocoa exterior, with an Olive flap and Olive interior (Or if it were possible, the Ultra Earth: Cocoa Exterior with a Cork flap and Olive interior).
And just because I love the way these colors pop against each other, if you wanted an "I'm Not Trying to Pass Unnoticed" Bag, I'd suggest a Navy exterior, with a Plum flap and Cayenne interior.
For a Ballistic statement, I'd do a Crimson exterior with a Black flap and Wasabi interior. You'd NEVER lose THAT bag! ;)

Just
05-16-2008, 11:12 PM
I love the Blues Bag and Earth Bag ideas =D

mrae
05-16-2008, 11:42 PM
How about sapphire, plum with wasabi interior? Or black, plum, wasabi
Black, storm with cayenne interior?

timothy
05-17-2008, 05:58 PM
In both cases, I'd go first for Black/Steel, and 2d for Black/Saphire.

(My) Bags should be black :)

timothy

Heidi Jill
05-18-2008, 09:50 PM
For a Ballistic statement, I'd do a Crimson exterior with a Black flap and Wasabi interior. You'd NEVER lose THAT bag! ;)

I'll second that combo! I would love a nice bright ballistic bag with as little black as possible (but definitely not steel!)

(My) Bags should NOT be black! Hee Hee!!!!

rodrigues
05-20-2008, 09:36 AM
I absolutely LOVE the Navy/Storm/Sapphire idea. The more blue, the better.

I like the idea of Black/Storm/Sapphire too. Although I find black bags a bit boring, I think the storm on the exterior and bright interior would really make it beautiful.

The colour of the interior is the most important thing to me - I hate having boring colours on the inside of any bag, and since I'm not a fan of the new Cayenne, I think a sapphire interior is the way to go.

PM4HIRE
05-20-2008, 10:33 AM
In business, navy blue is considered the power color.

Darcy
05-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Thanks, you guys!

Here's what everyone decided on. Water won out over Earth (this time, anyway.)

Navy/Storm/Sapphire
Olive/Olive/Cayenne
Plum/Olive/Olive
Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi

Black/Black/Wasabi
Black/Crimson/Steel
Steel/Steel/Cayenne
Black/Black/Steel

rodrigues
05-21-2008, 07:37 AM
Yay! I'm so excited about the Water bag. I have an Imago I just started using and I love it. I'm not above buying another one. :)

Three questions:
1. What will happen to the old colour combos? ie. Are these new combos in addition to or replacing the old ones?
2. When will these new bags be available for pre-order?
3. When will they be ready for shipping?

THANKS!

moriond
05-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Yay! I'm so excited about the Water bag. I have an Imago I just started using and I love it. I'm not above buying another one. :)

Three questions:
1. What will happen to the old colour combos? ie. Are these new combos in addition to or replacing the old ones?

THANKS!

I'm guessing these are replacement colors; the Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi combination has been a favorite since the first generation Imago. Darcy, what's the breakdown between Cordura and Ballistic in the second group of colors? Have you stopped making the Cork flap option? (If so, anyone who likes the Navy/Cork/Olive Imago should grab it now!). While the "blues bag" is one of the most exciting new options, I think your other current Navy combos are great. I guess Crimson is going (hint for those who are admiring the Navy/Crimson/Crimson Imago pics), but maybe the combo with Olive (without Cork) or with Kelly and Steel can be kept on?

And I am so glad I grabbed one of the Hunter/Cork/Sage (http://forums.tombihn.com/showthread.php?p=4247#post4247) Imagos in Ballistic nylon when they were available. Any prospects for new colors in Ballistic nylon? (I'm guessing that the main reason you have Hunter/Steel/Steel Imagos still available is the lack of a picture showing this color combination on the Imago (http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/200/TB0810) web page.)

rodrigues
05-21-2008, 11:00 AM
I assumed as much (that the colours were replacements) for the precise reason you noted - that the Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi combination was in the "new" mix. Still, it never hurts to get confirmation from people who work there so I can plan gift buying in June (do I wait for the new colours and give the gift late, or do I buy an old Imago?).

I think the Hunter colour is incredible, and if it wasn't paired up with Steel on the interior I think it would be a gorgeous bag. It's just personal preference, but I find boring coloured interiors ... well, boring.
The Hunter/Cork looks great, but a Hunter/(Hunter or Black)/Wasabi I think would also look good. Too bad Hunter is not an option anymore.

Darcy
05-21-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm guessing these are replacement colors; the Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi combination has been a favorite since the first generation Imago.

You've got it right.

Darcy, what's the breakdown between Cordura and Ballistic in the second group of colors? Have you stopped making the Cork flap option?

The last four colors --
Black/Black/Wasabi
Black/Crimson/Steel
Steel/Steel/Cayenne
Black/Black/Steel
are Ballistic/Ballistic exteriors with 500 denier Cordura lining.

We may make Cork Imagos (or Navy/Crimson/Crimson or Navy/Kelly/Steel or Kelly/Steel/Steel -- who knows!) in the next next batch, but I can't say for sure. I think you may see new bags in Cork later this year.

As for ballistic: Black is a stock color and Steel and Crimson are colors that we have custom dyed for us. We most likely won't consider adding a fourth color of ballistic nylon until sometime in 2009/2010.

Darcy
05-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Three questions:

I'm glad that you're excited. :) I think it the "Water" combination will be a great one.

1) The new color combos will replace the old ones -- at least in this batch.
2) You can pre-order now. (http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/200/TB0810) :)
3) Early July.

Darcy
06-13-2008, 05:25 PM
The "Blues" bag is now shipping! (http://www.tombihn.com/blog/node/596)

reina
06-14-2008, 02:58 AM
Storm/Cork/Cayenne :)

or Navy/Cork/Storm

for the next next ones, if cork is going to be back :)

listgirl
07-30-2008, 12:33 PM
How about an Imago that is slate gray on the outside, with a dark purple swish of color on the flap and wasabi inside? I would buy a million of them!!

:)

Darcy
07-30-2008, 12:44 PM
How about an Imago that is slate gray on the outside, with a dark purple swish of color on the flap and wasabi inside? I would buy a million of them!!

:)

I like that a lot! Maybe in the next batch. :) (That wouldn't come out until October/November.)

bbcamp
08-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Darcy:

I vote for black, black, cayenne!

(And might there be a hand grip on the next iteration of the Imago?......)

moriond
08-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Darcy:

I vote for black, black, cayenne!

(And might there be a hand grip on the next iteration of the Imago?......)
Take a look at this post (http://forums.tombihn.com/showthread.php?p=4029&#post4029) from Darcy and read through the surrounding posts in the thread Why no handle on the Imago? (http://forums.tombihn.com/showthread.php?t=877&). Since you were one of the posters in that thread, you might ask Darcy for an update on Tom's thoughts about a redesign. And as for the black, black, cayenne combination, see my suggestion (http://forums.tombihn.com/showthread.php?p=7417&#post7417) for adding cayenne Ultrasuede pockets to this color combination in the ID and Imago, and Darcy's reply (not likely to be enough people who like this for it to happen).

rodrigues
08-10-2008, 08:05 PM
I bought a Blues Bag and a Black/Black/Wasabi for a friend from the last batch of Imagos that came out. Both bags had a hand strap similar to that on the Cafe Bag. It's supremely useful.

Oddly enough though, both bags also have some sort of strap going over the top of the zippers on either suede pocket on the sides that prevent them from completely closing. It's a very small opening, nothing could get through, but I've often wondered why it's there. <shrug>

Just
08-11-2008, 12:01 AM
I believe those are to route earphone cords through.

Darcy
11-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Navy/Storm/Sapphire is one of the most popular color combinations of Imago ever - good work, guys!

Adi
11-14-2008, 10:39 PM
As a very happy owner of a Hunter/Steel/Steel bag from a while back, I've got to say that I've gotten a lot of compliments on the Hunter color. Now that I've seen the "Blues Bag" online I think it is very handsome. Although a Navy/Navy/Sapphire or Navy/Navy/Storm would really appeal to my more color-conservative friends. (That navy power color thing!)

--Adi

cancoi
12-31-2008, 03:16 AM
Cocoa/Cork/Wasabi or Olive/Cork/Wasabi, if you're going the Earth tones route...