Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,301   Posts: 197,936   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 177
Welcome to our newest member, thefrillyhell.

Cache Fit for HP Elitebook 840

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kieri
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2016

Cache Fit for HP Elitebook 840

I'm looking at the newer caches and am a little stuck on sizing...theoretically, my HP Elitebook 840 (13.34x9.33x.89) could fit in a size 15B, 15C, or 15D cache, but which fit would be best? And do any of those caches work in a Pilot? I know that my 6z cache works reasonably well there, but is not a great fit for my new laptop.

Thanks!
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar
  • aedifica
    Volunteer Moderator
    • Jan 2017

Have you already emailed the Tom Bihn crew? That sounds like a question they could answer best!
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Comment

• kieri
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2016

I thought I'd throw it to the forum hive-mind first.
      Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
      Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Comment

• MatthewR
        TB Crew (we work here)
        • Aug 2015

Hey kieri -- your laptop should fit in the 15D with the measurements given. The 15D technically fits in the Pilot, but it's not a great fit. Very tight and rubs up against the zippers.

Comment

• featherwitch
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2015

ugh! I have this same problem with the same laptop. It fits in an old style vertical 6z. But the horizontal is a no-go- can't get it in and out.
          TB Stuff: Cadet (steel/iberian), Pilot (verde/steel), Synapse 19 (Black/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (New Nordic/NW Sky), Swift (Aubergine/NW Sky), Makers Bag (Black/Steel), Aeronaut 30 (Black/Zest), Aeronaut 45 (Black/Ultraviolet).

Comment

• kieri
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2016

I got the 15C today - it's a little big for this laptop, but it does work in the S19 and Pilot given normal EDC packing for me.

Comment

Working...
            X