PDA

View Full Version : S25 frame sheet in the A30?

thofit
05-12-2018, 10:56 AM
Hey -

So generally speaking I love that all of the A30 accessories/cubes fit perfectly in the S25 - have one set of accessories that I can move between bags depending on my travel needs.

Has anyone tried traveling with the frame sheet in the backpack compartment of the A30? I test it out and it fits perfectly, but not sure if it will work for travel since there is no clip to hold it in ala the cache loops. Anyone had success here?

moriond
05-12-2018, 05:57 PM
Hey -

So generally speaking I love that all of the A30 accessories/cubes fit perfectly in the S25 - have one set of accessories that I can move between bags depending on my travel needs.

Has anyone tried traveling with the frame sheet in the backpack compartment of the A30? I test it out and it fits perfectly, but not sure if it will work for travel since there is no clip to hold it in ala the cache loops. Anyone had success here?

Hi @thofit, and welcome to the forums.

I'll just mention, since it's already been referenced in a few different threads, that @Darcy posted that they have been designing frame sheets for the A30 and A45, with the aim of having them debut this year. Take a look at her post #145 (https://forums.tombihn.com/general-bag-discussion/13085-2018-wish-list-post154894.html#post154894) in the 2018 Wish List thread.

I'll try to quote (never tried to quote with an embedded spoiler before, so if it doesn't work, just follow the link to her original post, and click to reveal the spoiler)

Context: A few earlier posters weighed in with wishes for frame support for the Aeronauts:

Nthing Aeronaut internal frame. We may end up selling our A45 because I just can't carry it comfortably in backpack mode, no matter how carefully packed.

I would love it if more people asked for frames and hip belts in the Aeronauts. It's my number one wish (along with a Euro-sized HsJ, which would be like an A30+top bag instead of an A45+top bag).

Darcy replied:

We've already designed optional internal frames for both the Aeronaut 45 and the Aeronaut 30. They are scheduled to debut early this year.

More recently, this was explicitly mentioned by @Darcy in her post #2 (https://forums.tombihn.com/just-for-registered-members/13325-hints-timing-next-debut-post157000.html#post157000) in the Hints on timing of next debut? (https://forums.tombihn.com/just-for-registered-members/13325-hints-timing-next-debut.html) thread. (That thread was posted in the just for registered members (https://forums.tombihn.com/just-for-registered-members/), so it requires a log in to read it. But it just gives slightly more details.)

HTH

moriond

ETA: I should probably have also quoted @Darcy's later posts in the linked thread:

@carrot has it -- the next debut is likely to be sometime around June.

Sorry to make everyone wait a little longer for the Aeronaut 45 and Aeronaut 30 internal frames, but it's for a good cause: Tom and Nik have developed a clever and removable padded hip belt for the Aeronauts that'll fit people up to about 5'11 - 6'0" depending on their torso length.

The Aeronaut 45 and Aeronaut 30 internal frames will indeed fit all versions of Aeronauts.

thofit
05-12-2018, 11:05 PM
Ah very cool - wasn't aware of that so good to know.

Since those aren't out yet, I am still curious if anyone has had success traveling with the S25 framesheet in an A30? I'm traveling tomorrow and _think_ I'm bringing the A30 so maybe I'll just have to test and see how it goes!

kathryn
05-13-2018, 11:49 AM
Hmmm... I'm packing for a 3-day work trip now, leaving early tomorrow morning. I'll be taking my A30 as my one bag and may give this a try. If I do, I'll report back. ��

kathryn
06-06-2018, 10:51 AM
I put the S25 frame sheet into the A30 the night before I left, just to see how it fit. Then I totally forgot it was there until I got back home and was unpacking! I can't say it made a huge difference, since I didn't notice or remember it was there, but I'm still interested to try out the new specifically tailored frame sheets for the Aeronauts.