PDA

View Full Version : Maker's Bag-thoughts & discoveries

sometime-traveler
05-19-2018, 12:50 PM
I recently received my Maker's Bag in Halcyon. It was immediately obvious that it would stand-alone better if in Cordura; I don't think this would have changed my mind about ordering it in Halcyon. I'd prefer if it had a padded carrying handle like the one on my Ristretto. I've already tried the tip of using a short keychain strap to pull in the sides during rain; it works. I have a Western Flyer with 2 Halcyon Packing Cubes (Western Flyer) - Small All Fabric Halcyon 200 and 1 Halcyon Packing Cubes (Western Flyer) - Large Mesh and Halcyon 200. Although, I haven't yet used them this way: I discovered that one, or two, of the small packing cubes fit in the Maker's Bag horizontally or vertically (vertical allowing more space for, say, a water bottle. Also, the large packing cube fits in the Maker's Bag if folded over once; if someone wasn't rolling certain items, this may appeal. These packing cube use options may serve those wanting to use the Maker's Bag, alone, as an overnight (or more) bag.