PDA

View Full Version : Freudian Slip Folding up? Solution?

ben1000
06-19-2018, 08:46 AM
Howdy...

I have a Synapse and a Freudian Slip which I like a lot, however, I have an issue that unless I keep the lower pockets of the FS full, the thing will curl up in the bag and end up folded in half, with the top pockets now 1/2 way down in the bag...

Anyone have a good solution for this?

Thanks!

Best,

Ben

Cristina
06-19-2018, 08:57 AM
I have an S25 and an S25 FS which I used mostly when the pack was half empty, as a stand-in frame before the frames came out (a tip from the forum). I can't even imagine the FS folding or rolling, as mine is too rigid. Maybe email a pic to customer service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ben1000
06-19-2018, 10:07 AM
I have an S25 and an S25 FS which I used mostly when the pack was half empty, as a stand-in frame before the frames came out (a tip from the forum). I can't even imagine the FS folding or rolling, as mine is too rigid. Maybe email a pic to customer service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howdy....

Here's a couple of pics indicating the issue:

Cristina
06-19-2018, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the pics. I just had a chance to dig out my FS and it isn't quite as rigid as I remember! I suspect that my love of the bottom pocket is probably what kept me from having the same complaint.

The first thing I would suggest is the internal frame because it makes an enormous difference to keeping the bag from curving in weird ways, and it makes the bag much more comfortable. If you don't want the frame, you might consider rigging the FS up to hang off the rail loops at the top of the pack. You could thread an 8" key strap through each loop and then through the FS handle and clip each strap to itself. That might help.

pammy
06-19-2018, 03:04 PM
Oh, that's a bummer. Here's a thread addressing that problem. Maybe one of the solutions might work for you.

https://forums.tombihn.com/questions-about-bags/11163-freudian-slip-synapse-25-a.html#post126170