PDA

View Full Version : Toulouse to the Med with SCB

lotsobooks
07-02-2018, 02:28 AM
I forgot to take pictures of my (overstuffed but usable) Small Cafe Bag from the US to Toulouse, France - will update on the way back. Here it is ready for a day trip to Montpellier on the Mediterranean. I forgot to show my ear buds, and I added my blue Vapur water bottle in the view looking into the bag.

Minor first aid stuff in blue mini Q-kit; snacks and external power pack in purple (donít know real color name) in larger different purplish-color Q-kit; brush, eyeglass wipe, cough drops in Double Organizer Pouch. Add in sunglasses, phrase book, Kleenex, and metro & train tickets, and we are off! I love that I have everything tethered to the bag with straps - I havenít lost anything yet!

backpack
07-02-2018, 11:18 AM
I love the way your SCB is set up, such a clean, very organized minimalist look!

The color of the purpulish Q-Kit is Aubergine. Eggplant in French. :)

lotsobooks
07-03-2018, 06:16 AM
I love the way your SCB is set up, such a clean, very organized minimalist look!

The color of the purpulish Q-Kit is Aubergine. Eggplant in French. :)

Merci and Merci:)

tress29
07-03-2018, 06:50 AM
Small Cafe Bag from the US to Toulouse, France - Here it is ready for a day trip to Montpellier on the Mediterranean.

I just saw that you went to Montpelier! How as your trip? My son is hoping to do his study abroad there at the UPVM...

Theresa in Indy

lotsobooks
07-03-2018, 10:15 AM
I just saw that you went to Montpelier! How as your trip? My son is hoping to do his study abroad there at the UPVM...

Theresa in Indy

It was awesome! They have a plaza high up above the city with plenty of space to just walk around watching the bubble blowing man with little kids chasing the bubbles, a carousel, and a ton of restaurants. Even better is the public transportation system. They have 4 tram routes plus a network of buses. We took the trams toward the beach but at the end of the line, we didnít see any water. So, we followed all of the people who were dressed for the beach to a nearby bus. Our tram ticket was good for the bus as well:) We actually weíre on the beach with the locals, which was awesome as well.

It seemed like a relatively safe city with many ways to get around cheaply and more restaurants than I could count. The weather was spectacular - Toulouse was in the 90s, and it was probably in the high 80s but walking in the water, it felt 20 degrees cooler. We all agreed that if we won the lottery, we would buy a house there.

tress29
07-03-2018, 11:04 AM
It seemed like a relatively safe city with many ways to get around cheaply and more restaurants than I could count. The weather was spectacular - Toulouse was in the 90s, and it was probably in the high 80s but walking in the water, it felt 20 degrees cooler. We all agreed that if we won the lottery, we would buy a house there.My son will be happy to hear your glowing praises! And as his momma, I'm glad you felt like it was a safe city.