PDA

View Full Version : Copilot replacement? (For A30 or A45)

1bgNWB
10-21-2018, 07:29 AM
Hi guys.
Iím coming over from Tristar+ ballistic copilot and want to move to one of the aeronauts. TBD what size.

When Iíve traveled before I use copilot as personal item or leave it at home and use packing cube shoulder bag at destination

One of the best things I like about copilot is that the water bottle is kept separate. I use a kleen kanteen thick 20 oz bottle that I load
With ice when Iím out. Anyway. Looking for something as close to copilot that can pack as flat as possible into either aeronaut. Ideally as durable since my shoulder cube dyneema is wearing out after not so much use. Hoping for some ideas of people. I donít like backpacks so DLBP Woulsnt be an option but the concept of that would be great. But in shoulder bag setup. Anyway. Loving the copilot so maybe the dyneema version but few maybe thereís a flatter packing option available. Thanks! .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melminimalist
10-21-2018, 07:34 AM
What about a daylight briefcase tucked inside the aeronaut? It doesn't have a separate water bottle pocket though. You may need to stick with the copilot, maybe get a new one in halcyon so it will fit better inside an aeronaut, the aeronaut would need to be an A45 to fit allowing any extra room for your normal other gear too.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

G42
10-21-2018, 07:49 AM
+1 on the DLBC
I've been using one with my A30 or A45 - especially when I combine business & leisure trips. During the work time, it holds a laptop, notebook, & pen. When I go out & about, I leave the work stuff behind and it can hold my 16oz Nalgene water bottle, a light coat, snacks, etc. I usually sling it crossbody across my back.
I have two of these right now in halcyon - they pack very flat and are very useful.

1bgNWB
10-25-2018, 10:51 PM
Thanks guys. Not
Too many options color wise so Iíll have to wait for it. I ordered the aeronauts and will check them out in the mean time with the packing cube backpack. I dont like any of the currently available colors in
DYBP either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWeaves
10-26-2018, 06:34 AM
Co-Pilots now come in the 525 ballistic, so maybe you'd like that better than the 1050 ballistic.

Perseffect
11-17-2018, 01:49 PM
Co-Pilots now come in the 525 ballistic, so maybe you'd like that better than the 1050 ballistic.

Iím using a 525 Mars Red copilot at the moment. Iíve previously owned both a 1050 Ballistic and Halcyon. The 525 Ballistic is the perfect balance of durability and flexibility in my opinion.

I have a DLBC also but keep coming back to using the Copilot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk