PDA

View Full Version : Side Effect: can any mini pouch fit in the inner side pockets?

1bgNWB
11-03-2018, 12:41 PM
Hi guys. I am admiring the side effect I just got and I didnít even know that it came with FOUR o-rings in the pain compartment. I would like to use one of the rings to secure cards. I carry a minimalist wallet in my pocket (or loose in the SE) but do like to have many more cards that I donít need as frequently (example: credit card just for gas purchases, airport lounge membership, global entry card, Costco card, etc ). Those two vertical pockets on the inside side of the main compartment are perfect for this. And thatís where I have the cards now. Is there an organizer that could fit in these pockets so I can o-ring it? If so, How many credit cards would it fit?

Many thanks !!

MJMEBLOM
11-03-2018, 01:06 PM
Hey 1bgNWB
I just tried an empty COW and mini organizer pouch in halcyon in the pockets. I'm afraid they are bit too long to work. You could squish down the corners, but for me, I'd find that to be a pain. What about a pocket pouch? It has a clip so you can use the o-rings with it. It would slide in vertically, so I don't think you'd need to worry about cards falling out. I've tested mine and I can fit 13 credit cards (tight fit in my opinion). 10 fit no problem. (Note: three of those cards are actual credit cards with the raised numbers and letters. The others are all plastic cards with same thickness of credit cards, but don't have the embossed letters. So maybe +/- a few cards.)

I love the pocket pouch. Perfect for keeping loyalty cards and all the museum membership/library cards for the family. My usual carry in the pocket pouch are 8 flat cards. They may slip if I shake the pocket upside down. Probably two more cards in there, and they'd stay put.

Hope that helps!

pammy
11-03-2018, 01:46 PM
Here are pics of the Pocket Pouch with 7 credit cards, 6 with embossed numbers and 1 without. I could have fit at least another one but didn't have one handy.

1bgNWB
11-03-2018, 02:55 PM
Thank you for posting these pammy. It looks perfect. Does it snap back if you under load the pocket ? Or do the cards stretch it out permanently or can you pack less cards and they wonít slide out (if youíve been packing many). Common issue w Wallets. Thanks

pammy
11-03-2018, 03:09 PM
I have found when 1050 ballistic is new, it feels very stiff. However, with use it softens up. I think if I filled a Pocket Pouch to capacity with credit cards and used it like that for a while, it would stretch out a little and not be as tight as it was initially, but that's just an assumption. I haven't tried doing that, so YMMV.

UpToNoGood
11-03-2018, 06:08 PM
Yep! I have my metro card in a Pocket Pouch that lives in one of the pockets of my SE. I have it on a key strap so I can pull the pouch out and scan it as I go through the turnstiles without worrying about dropping and losing it as I move along with the throngs at the metro station.