PDA

View Full Version : Stadium rules and clear bags.

TRD
11-18-2018, 08:41 AM
Iím going to my first live NFL game today, for a work event. I was prepping my DLBP for the occasion when I discovered the clear bag rule. Thankfully I have a 3DOC but Tom, if you could create a clear PCSB-sized 3DOC with a couple internal o-rings that would be reaaaaaally handy.

ButtUglyJeff
11-18-2018, 09:57 AM
Its not just NFL games. I was at the Carrier Dome, a few weekends ago for an SU football game and my daughter's marching band competition the next day. They have the same rules in place for "security". I ended up buying some inexpensive 12" by 12" totes sold at the stadium.

I'd be curious how Tom would address this issue also. I also wonder if anyone would use a clear bag for more then going to stadium evens...

TRD
11-18-2018, 10:42 AM
Its not just NFL games. I was at the Carrier Dome, a few weekends ago for an SU football game and my daughter's marching band competition the next day. They have the same rules in place for "security". I ended up buying some inexpensive 12" by 12" totes sold at the stadium.

I'd be curious how Tom would address this issue also. I also wonder if anyone would use a clear bag for more then going to stadium evens...

I suspect this is the wave of the future. I honestly wouldn’t mind it if I had a convenient bag for the occasion. *cough* save us Tom *cough*

I know some women who work at Disney who do this to save the hassle of security checks so it’s not just stadiums for sure.

TRD
11-18-2018, 06:31 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181119/fff240b482cc2f86021288cce58d9090.jpg

The 3DOC is so small I had to pull my iphone 8 plus out of its otterbox to make it fit. Pleeeeease Tom, help!

BWeaves
11-19-2018, 05:30 AM
I have some relatives that work in places that require clear purses and totes.

Interestingly enough, the men who carry everything in their pockets are not required to wear clear pants.

jessmakes
11-19-2018, 09:49 AM
Interestingly enough, the men who carry everything in their pockets are not required to wear clear pants.

My mental image right now is priceless.

Cristina
11-19-2018, 10:12 AM
I have some relatives that work in places that require clear purses and totes.

That would make me want to wear a Scottevest to work!

BWeaves
11-19-2018, 10:32 AM
My mental image right now is priceless.

Well, I remember the late 1970's and the see through jeans craze. The pants were designed to show off the construction of the jeans, but everyone wanted to buy them, so they started making them. You wore them with a Danskin leotard, because disco required that you always wear a leotard no matter what else you were wearing. And boy, did those clear plastic pants steam up.

I don't recall men buying them, but I'm sure some did. So your mental image is right on target.

Grizzld
12-19-2018, 01:07 PM
I’m going to my first live NFL game today, for a work event. I was prepping my DLBP for the occasion when I discovered the clear bag rule. Thankfully I have a 3DOC but Tom, if you could create a clear PCSB-sized 3DOC with a couple internal o-rings that would be reaaaaaally handy.

This applies to all SEC Football stadiums as well—my wife hates it. I would definitely buy her something from TB that was geared towards this policy.

Kelly S
12-19-2018, 02:51 PM
A number of high schools in the USA require clear or see through mesh bags as well.

AlaskaGirl
12-20-2018, 05:24 AM
Greetings,
The one thing I miss from my camouflage military uniform is all the pockets. FOUR pockets on the shirt and SIX pockets on the pants. TEN POCKETS total. Big glorious functional pockets! The olive drab color made me look ill, but those pockets! If ladies clothing only had pockets like that.

I'm in agreement that a clear bag or a mesh bag would be popular. I'd use one the size of the PCSB and maybe one the size of the Pop Tote. elisa

Fever39
12-21-2018, 07:41 AM
a small shop bag clear with halcyon trims would be pretty nice tbh. i hate the clear trend but it is a need.