PDA

View Full Version : CACHE for the NEW IPAD PRO 11"

anna2222
11-20-2018, 02:01 PM
Has anyone purchased the new cache for the new 2018 ipad Pro 11"?

Curious to know if it fits the Apple keyboard AND the Apple Pencil comfortably and if there is enough clearance to safely zip the zipper across the top of the Apple Pencil?

idbjorh
11-21-2018, 02:47 PM
I just received mine today. It is absolutely possible to zip it closed with the pencil attached to the side of the iPad. When you're moving the zipper over the top end of the pencil you may have to pull a little to get it to fit.

This is my first copy of the new Cache. I'm not yet sure how I feel about the zipper style versus the old sleeve / flap. Perhaps it will grow on me, but right now it feels like it is significantly less convenient to put the iPad in. I can't just slip the iPad in the top (or side, depending on orientation) –*I really have to unzip both edges. Maybe it will grow on me?

drobeson
11-28-2018, 05:06 PM
I just received mine and I have to say, it's a bit tight. I hope it will loosen (just a bit) over time. I don't have the keyboard case, just the regular one, and it doesn't go in easily. And idbjorh is correct that you can zip it over the pencil, but it's a (literal) stretch; I'm not sure they accounted for it so the zipper may weaken over time.

Inky
12-04-2018, 08:49 PM
So would you go with the 12 in cache instead?

Trevorro
12-05-2018, 04:48 AM
I went with the MacBook 12 cache instead, and find that for this new zippered design it’s a more comfortable fit (with the pencil and smart folio).

drobeson
04-22-2019, 05:05 PM
I just received mine and I have to say, it's a bit tight. I hope it will loosen (just a bit) over time. I don't have the keyboard case, just the regular one, and it doesn't go in easily. And idbjorh is correct that you can zip it over the pencil, but it's a (literal) stretch; I'm not sure they accounted for it so the zipper may weaken over time.

Okay, 5 months later and it has loosened up just enough that the iPad and Pencil are secure but fit easily. Glad I bought it.