PDA

View Full Version : Aeronaut 30 Video Camera Bag

blancf
11-23-2018, 04:19 PM
I am a low key videographer and, ever since Iíve owned it, have had an eye toward using my Aeronaut as a video bag. It always seemed attractive but impractical. Too much work, not enough benefit. Bad idea.
Enter the new Peak Design medium camera cube. This 12Ēx12Ēx6Ē accessory is made for PD travel backpacks, but fits snuggly inside my A30. Itís tough, padded, and has a ton of room for my camera, microphones, etc. Now I feel like I have the benefit a video bag (duffle or backpack mode) with extra storage for daybag / overnight items thanks to the A30ís roomy side pockets. Itís comfortable in backpack mode, and my camera gear is staying put in the PD cube.
If you search online for Tom Bihn+ video bag, most result point to someone who uses the Brain Bag. Now the A30 seems way more practical in comparison. Iím wondering if anyone else has had luck using TB bags for video?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181124/fd0a1f0e5e49ec7590be9f347fd8bd8b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LordAnubis
11-23-2018, 04:24 PM
Cool you found a good use for your bag. Iím just here to compliment on your awesome coyote A30. Looking forward to when they come back in stock.

blancf
11-23-2018, 04:57 PM
Cool you found a good use for your bag. Iím just here to compliment on your awesome coyote A30. Looking forward to when they come back in stock.

Itís pretty good for travel, too

experimentjon
12-08-2018, 10:22 PM
That's awesome. Thanks for sharing! Looks like the Peak cube is a match made in heaven for the Aeronaut interior. Perfect coincidence. I remember the Night Flight duffel insert--guess Peak Designs solved that for the A30.

Nice setup and I love the peak straps and their field pouch for carrying an extra prime lens, the caps, and some cleaning gear within another bag.