PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder strap pads and back panel for Daylight Backpack?

chbla
12-16-2018, 11:26 PM
Hi there,

I wondered if anybody tried to improve the Daylight Backpack by adding shoulder pads and a pad for stiffness at the back
(in case you don't have a laptop)?

For example something like this: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/VAcAAOSwrNlZyF20/s-l1600.jpg
For the back it would be interesting to know what lightweight and thin material would be suitable.

Thanks a lot,
Christoph

b1gsky
12-16-2018, 11:35 PM
Have you tried the DLBP and found it uncomfortable? I never felt the need to look into padding because to me the straps are very comfortable (even more so than on some backpacks I had in the past with more padded straps).

With the things I usually carry I don’t need a backpanel either, I just take care to pack flat things in the back pockets (book, notebook, e-reader, wallet etc) and/or arrange other items in a way so that they are not poking out. I never put clothing in the back for padding like they show in the video, mostly because I usually don’t carry spare clothing with me.

Imsajack
12-17-2018, 05:12 AM
I cut a cheap, flexible cutting board to fit in the bottom, back pocket. I still fit a jacket or something flat in there, but it keeps things from poking my back when Iím wearing the jacket. I also have a cutting board for picnics!

sarepants
12-17-2018, 05:54 AM
Another affordable "stiffener" for the DLBP bottom pocket could be one of those soft folios that hold legal pads and have pockets for papers and business cards. I've gotten them from some conferences. (Something like this at Amazon though I don't have this exact one (http://www.amazon.com/Case-Padfolio-Letter-Writing-PAD-20/dp/B00DQDEJ1E))

kathryn
12-17-2018, 09:43 AM
I often use a medium double organizer pouch to contain travel paperwork and other odds and ends. I put it into the bottom back pocket, and it provides a bit more structure to the DLBP, as well as protection against pokey things. Bonus: it does a similar job in the PCSB, and makes switching between the two easy.

I don't find the straps to be uncomfortable, so I can't comment on potential solutions there.