Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,301   Posts: 197,936   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 177
Welcome to our newest member, thefrillyhell.

Which Memobottle or alternative for DLBC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chbla
    • Dec 2018

Which Memobottle or alternative for DLBC?

Hi there,

I'm wondering about flat water bottles to use with my DLBC.
    Which one are you using? Which one fits best and in which pocket?

I don't need the A5, 300-500ml would be alright, so I'm wondering whether to
    get the A6 or Slim.

Also interested in stainless steel alternatives, but the slimmest I can find is 5cm.

Thank you,
    Christoph
  • Amy
    Forum Member
    • May 2014

Okay, those are cool! Haven't seen Memobottles before so I can't weigh in on what's best. But a very cheap alternative to a flat water bottle would be the collapsible Vapur bottle, which I've used in my Daylight backpack and other pacs, specifically because it's flat and weightless when empty.
    Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful. — Shaker Philosophy

Comment

• chbla
      • Dec 2018

Thanks, I've got a similar one - Platypus - right now.

I just came across these as well: 404 Not Found 1
      I would prefer stainless steel, 4.5cm in width is probably alright.
      However, the site seems dead, checkout doesn't work

Comment

• Buffalonian
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2018

Another less expensive option would be a Nalgene flask, with a capacity of 12 oz. (350 ml). They're about 3.8 cm (1.5 inches) thick, and if you leave off the removable shot cap, one will fit comfortably in either side of the divided full-width front pocket. Available at REI for $9, or from various sellers on Amazon for about $10.

And I can't vouch for this one, but here's a 12 oz. (350 ml) stainless flask that's only 2.54 cm (1 inch) thick:
        Last edited by Buffalonian; 01-06-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X