PDA

View Full Version : What pouch to use for keys and key fobs?

Nellie
01-21-2019, 06:00 PM
Need some expert advice...what's the smallest pouch I could use to put 2 car key fobs along with about 4 keys? What is everyone else's set up for this? I was thinking Qkit or something else?

Kaadk
01-21-2019, 06:12 PM
Probably going to depend on the size of the fobs. My current fobs are about 3-4 times the size of my old fobs.

Either size though, I never put them in a pouch, I just connected them to an o-ring using a key strap. Easy to grab and retrieve that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nellie
01-21-2019, 07:41 PM
Okay, I think I just answered my own question. Qkit works...my current one has my inhaler...was wondering if anything else might work better

BWeaves
01-22-2019, 05:24 AM
I also just use a keystrap. It's just too fumbly to put them in and take them out of a small pouch.

haraya
01-22-2019, 10:43 AM
I think a large Q-kit would work well, the opening and form factor seem to match pretty well with the shape of a bunch of keys. Before you order one you could try putting your current keys in the one you have, see how you like it first.

If not - you could try a Cubelet? (regular square Cubelet, not the Travel Cubelet). (I have my inhaler in a Cubelet, which I like better as there's more room for me to reach in. So if you find you prefer the Q-kit for your keys, you can just move your inhaler over to another pouch. ;))

Personally I keep my keys on a long keystrap also - keystrap is normally looped to be a wrist strap, but if I put it away in my bag then I can unclip the strap and attach one end to an O-ring. The keystrap arrangement could potentially be compatible with either the Q-kit or Cubelet.