PDA

View Full Version : Packing cubes for GR1

jarret45
01-27-2019, 02:07 PM
Hey everyone.

I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on which TB packing cubes work best for a Goruck 26L GR1. Does anyone who has experience with this combo know of the magical setup that fits just perfectly in the GR1, or any particular cubes they love using in a bag that size?

I'm thinking something along the lines of a 7-10 day trip, for example, but any input is appreciated. I'm particularly fond of the mesh cubes if you can suggest any of those in particular.

Thanks.

experimentjon
01-27-2019, 03:58 PM
I use the Aeronaut 30 (standard, non laundry) cubes. They fit the width of the GR1 almost perfectly. Because the TB cubes are not as deep as the bag, on top of that, you can still fit a bit more stuff: for example, the Side Effect as a toiletry kit will fit on top of a packing cube stacked vertically. A compressed Eagle Creek spectre small cube also fits on top of the TB cubes to fill the bag depth.

jarret45
01-27-2019, 05:13 PM
Awesome thanks.

Which size do you use that fits almost perfectly? I'm seeing small, large, and end pocket. I'm guessing you mean one large cube, then still have room for the other pieces you mentioned?

experimentjon
01-27-2019, 06:55 PM
Your choice of small or large. But probably not end pocket. I have a 21L GR1, and could fit a large and a small in there if I remove my Echo field pouch. But 2 small = 1 large, so you can pick your configuration.

Laundry is also roughly the same dimensions as the standard cubes, but I just found them harder to pack. YMMV.

I recalled seeing a link which prompted me to buy the A30 cubes in the first place...and just found it:
https://brooksreview.net/2017/12/brief-note-on-packing-cubes-for-gr1s/

jarret45
01-27-2019, 07:01 PM
Your choice of small or large. But probably not end pocket. I have a 21L GR1, and could fit a large and a small in there if I remove my Echo field pouch. But 2 small = 1 large, so you can pick your configuration.

Laundry is also roughly the same dimensions as the standard cubes, but I just found them harder to pack. YMMV.

I recalled seeing a link which prompted me to buy the A30 cubes in the first place...and just found it:
https://brooksreview.net/2017/12/brief-note-on-packing-cubes-for-gr1s/

Well that about answers my question perfectly. Thanks for sharing your insight and the link!