PDA

View Full Version : Brain Bag Camera Storage?

definityx
02-12-2019, 09:45 AM
I'm looking for a small camera insert for my Brain Bag. I know TB used to carry the I/O, but that seems to be in a bygone era.

I'm curious if anyone can confirm if a Tenba BYOB 9 would fit inside one of the main compartments of the Brain Bag? According to Tenba's website, the BYOB 9 has an external depth of 4 inches.

Has anyone here tried to combine those?

aedifica
02-14-2019, 07:21 AM
definityx, welcome to the Forums!

I haven't tried the combination you're asking about, but I did just spot a Camera I/O on eBay this morning. Here it is: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tom-Bihn-Camera-Insert-Outsert-for-Brain-Bag/113638709796

Good luck!

JamesM61
02-26-2019, 08:07 AM
Can't confirm the Tenba, but I use this in my BB: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/903030-REG/Ape_Case_acqb35_QB35_Cubeze_Case.html. Ape Case makes lots of different sized inserts and they work great. Hope this helps!

Waterlogged
02-26-2019, 07:51 PM
I'm curious if anyone can confirm if a Tenba BYOB 9 would fit inside one of the main compartments of the Brain Bag? According to Tenba's website, the BYOB 9 has an external depth of 4 inches

Back when I was deciding on my Brain Bag, I asked a similar question of customer service. Kat responded: 'The approximate dimensions of both main compartments are 17.5" x 14" x 4", which should fit most camera inserts'

The Brain Bag does easily fit my DSLR in an Ape Case Cubeze ACQB33, which is a touch smaller than the model JamesM61 suggested.

definityx
02-27-2019, 09:12 AM
How do you guys like the Ape Case cases? The bright yellow is a bit of a turn-off to me... Whats the quality like on the interior of the bags?

Lami
02-27-2019, 12:43 PM
I have an ape case that fits almost perfectly in my PCSB. The material on the inside is the same as the outside. The quality is decent all around.

I use mine when I want to carry my camera around town with extra lenses. It keeps each item from getting jostled in the bag and gives a layer of protection. The yellow, while not attractive, makes it easy to see things.

Astoria
02-27-2019, 01:08 PM
I got Tenba backpack insert, which is bigger than the BYOB 9. The quality is amazing! It takes up most of my luminary and that's fine. I'm a filmmaker and when I use it, I'm really just looking for secure travel to and from a shoot.

tdivcr
03-01-2019, 01:09 PM
I bought a ThinkTank Mirrorless mover 20 for my Olympus OM-D, one zoom and one prime lens, plus supplies. It just fits into my Synapse 19, and can be used as a shoulder bag. I since bought a smaller camera for travel, so do not use it as much, but it seems to do the job. I am sure something like that would certainly fit in a Brainbag, which I also have but donated to my son. The Mirrorless Mover does load from the top, if unzipped, so can function like an insert. It also fits in a LCB, now extinct, but would work in a Makers Bag.

definityx
03-01-2019, 03:56 PM
Thank you EVERYONE for the replies...

I did finally decide to pull the trigger on the Tenba 7.

I like the Ape Cases, but I prefer the idea of a padded lid, just in case I decide to pull the case out and take it with me on an unexpected shoot.

The real use case for this is just to carry my everyday camera essentials. I can't walk around with the camera in my hand (much as I'd like to) so I have to settle for just throwing it in my bag. The Tenba 7 seemed like it would be the perfect fit for my camera, a spare battery, and MAYBE a spare lens.

For real photo shoots, I have my dedication camera bad I would take.