PDA

View Full Version : The Synapse 19 as a running bag

PacificPaul
03-12-2019, 09:19 PM
Hey TBF,

I live a few miles from work and would like to jog there on occasion.

Who here has used their Synapse 19 as a running bag and has thoughts on the experience? I know it's not a proper running bag like the Osprey Daylite+ (https://www.osprey.com/us/en/product/daylite-plus-DAYLITEPL_553.html), but it seems light and small enough to be comfortable for a run, and the waist strap could come in handy here.

I don't carry too much to work: just a notebook, a small tupperware with lunch, a water bottle, pens, stuff like that.

What does the community think about this use-case?

Thanks in advance for your input! My Synapse 19 arrives in just a couple of days! :heart_eyes:

slightlysaltybagman
03-13-2019, 10:54 AM
Yeah I think the size would be great for that, and would be decently stable when cinched with the waist/chest straps.
The only concern I'd have is the sweat factor/breathability on your back, but you'd have that issue on any bag that doesn't have exceptional airflow.

carrot
03-13-2019, 01:07 PM
I have ran once with mine. It worked out surprisingly comfortably, but I normally don't run with bags.

I think if it were very full it wouldn't be as comfortable as the Synapse designs tend to "egg" a fair bit when stuffed to the max.