PDA

View Full Version : Modifying an older Western Flyer?

flitcraft
01-24-2009, 02:43 PM
I have one of the slingstrap Western Flyers, which I dearly love for medium length trips--around a week or so--but I can't use the slingstrap at all. Instead I use the Absolute Strap, which may be the world's most perfect strap. Still, there are lots of times when I'm going to be carrying my fully loaded WF for a while, and I'd dearly love to have it as a backpack.

So, any possibility it could be retrofitted with backpack straps? I'd be happy to take it into the showroom and I'm happy to pay the full cost of whatever a retrofit would run. But I find myself more and more wishing I'd waited on the WF till it turned into a full-fledged backpack...

Darcy
01-28-2009, 07:42 PM
The full cost of a retrofit would pretty much be that of a whole new bag. :( It's a pretty major part of the bag, and very difficult to change. I would offer that we do get emails/calls from people who would *prefer* a sling strap, so you might be able to sell the bag on eBay or craigslist (and post a link here offering it for sale.)

flitcraft
02-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Hmmm...bummer. I was really hoping that it would be possible to do that. I know I could try to sell it, but it has a couple of purely cosmetic spots on it that might weird out a potential buyer.

Well, here's hoping that the new Tristar is available before mid June, when I ship out for a five week long trip.