PDA

View Full Version : How Do TB Bags Get Their Names??

Nana8
02-03-2009, 02:53 AM
My husband (Empire Builder and Brain Cell) and I (Ego and Brain Cell) were searching the TB site for a smaller bag we could use for the weekends around town (we chose 2 medium cafe bags). It dawned on us that all of the TB bags have very unique and personal names - almost like children! We were curious -- just how do the bags and accessories get their names?

By the way -- as parents of 2 adopted special needs brothers, we get little to no down time as a couple so we had great fun imagining how the wonderful names came about!

maverick
02-10-2009, 01:45 PM
i would venture to say there is definitely a fascination with freud and psychology in the naming of some of the products...

id, ego, super ego, freudian slip, imago...

are there others i missed?

-m

backpack
02-10-2009, 02:52 PM
i would venture to say there is definitely a fascination with freud and psychology in the naming of some of the products...

id, ego, super ego, freudian slip, imago...

are there others i missed?

-m

The Archetype

About brain too, Smart Alec and Brain Bag.

And French: Cafe, Aeronaut(e), trains: Swift and Zephyr and aviation Aeronaut, Western Flyer, Checkpoint Flyer

No idea, Ristretto and Buzz

maverick
02-10-2009, 02:55 PM
ristretto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ristretto) is a "very short shot of espresso coffee."

-m

backpack
02-10-2009, 03:10 PM
ristretto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ristretto) is a "very short shot of espresso coffee."

-m

That would give someone a Buzz :) lol

Nana8
02-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Well, my husband and I did come up with some interesting thoughts on the subject and some were close to those posted. I had to smile though as most evoke a concept of travel!

Perhaps Darcy has some insight or perhaps Tom himself could weigh in?

Samonid
02-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Well, my husband and I did come up with some interesting thoughts on the subject and some were close to those posted. I had to smile though as most evoke a concept of travel!

Perhaps Darcy has some insight or perhaps Tom himself could weigh in?

Getting past this little conversation about TB product names, can you tell me more about "husband" color option for the Empire Builder?

Nana8
02-18-2009, 07:00 AM
Of course!

He chose the Black/Sapphire combination. He needed something that was business appropriate but had a bit of "zip" to it for himself. He really loves his EB and get compliments each day on what a truly nice bag it is!

cujo
02-20-2015, 11:50 AM
Empire Builder is also a train.

eWalker
02-20-2015, 12:07 PM
You forgot in the brain group, the Synapse.

Another thing that I guess Tom likes Antoine de Saint Exupéry... Night Flyer and his quotes about travel light.

I never head any reference to ADSE quote about perfection but from the (very) few post I saw from Tom himself, I risk saying that he agrees with it! :)