PDA

View Full Version : Q-AM and ID combination?

MagicTiki
02-16-2009, 06:30 AM
Hi, Gang!

Quick question: has anyone used the Q-AM strap with their ID? I'm thinking about buying one, because I like to pull the bag up tight on my back when I am sloggin to class (or building to building), but the Q-AM seems to be a very clever solution for allowing you switch between that and normal over-the-shoulder mode for quick access to your stuff. Has anyone tried this combination?

On a related note: I have the absolute shoulder strap for my ID now, but it did not come with the snaphooks. Can the snaphooks from a Q-Am be transferred to the absolute strap so I can use it for other bags?

Thanks in advance!

--Bob

nikonnut
02-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Tiki,
I have that combo and absolutely love it! It works exactly as advertised and with the ID high on my back it's uber comfortable and out of harms way. I can't comment on the snaphook part. Sorry.

Nik

MagicTiki
02-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Cool. Thank you!

lingo
02-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Hi Bob,

I've got this set-up and I've been ultra happy with it. The Q-AM strap is nice for adjusting the strap length on a small scale, too. Depending upon how much stuff I've got in the ID, the width (e.g., with books and laptop) can affect how close I want the bag riding up my back.

As far as I know, the Q-AM doesn't come with strap hooks. Of course, Darcy can give you the official stance on this, but mine was just straight webbing.

-lingo

MagicTiki
02-26-2009, 10:01 AM
I'm sold. Ordering one today, along with my soft cell!

Thank you!