11-18-2008, 06:25 AM
This is what is currently in my Western Flyer:

In my Western Flyer I have:

2 shirts
1 tie
1 t-shirt
1 pair of shorts
1 Convertible Packing Cube/Shoulder Bag
1 small toiletries bag (contains: ear plugs, door lock, Leatherman micro, a micro Maglite, 12 headache tablets, 1 Victorinox SwissCard, 1 travel razor, 1 travel toothbrush, toiletries (all the following are in travel size containers: 1 shower gel, 1 shaving foam, 1 toothpaste, 1 after shave moisturizer, 1 after shave, 1 deodorant))
1 scarf
1 pair of gloves
1 hat
1 pair of lightweight training shoes
2 pairs of underpants
2 pairs of socks
1 Dell D620 laptop
1 Dell power cable
1 small umbrella
1 Horizontal Freudian Slip (contains: 1 A4 sized hardback notebook, work notes (often 0.5” thick), 1 Economist magazine, 5 A4 size envelopes, 20 sheets plain A4 paper, 3 pens, 2 flip chart markers, 1 pack of mints, tissues, 1 15cm ruler, Post-it notes, 1 pencil sharpener, 1 roll of sellotape, 30 business cards, 1 mini clear organizer pouch (contains 1 blob of blue tack, 10 paperclips, 5 elastic bands, 5 wire ties, 1 Post-it page tabs).
1 iPhone cradle and cable
1 5 metre long LAN cable
1 320Gb External Hard Drive
1 pack of tissues
1 spare mobile phone
1 staff ID pass
1 1 litre Platypus water pouch
1 lightweight rain jacket
1 Absolute Shoulder Strap
1 kitchen sink

Regards,
Scott

Darcy
02-25-2009, 10:47 AM
In this thread, post a list or pictures of What You Carry in your Western Flyer (http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/500/TB0950). We will add your packing list to the Western Flyer page to help give other people a better idea of what the bag can hold.

Shiva
04-26-2009, 03:27 PM
This is what I could carry:

1. 3 pairs of dress pants
2. 4 long sleeved dress shirts
3. 1 linen jacket
4. lt wt nylon workout pants, top, sports bra
5. night clothes
5. small point and shoot camera
6. overcoat (fairly bulky)
7. 6 sets of underwear including socks
8. basic toiletry kit
9. small medicine kit
10. a file of papers

and all this fit in without an issue, and I could carry it really easy. And I am a relatively small made person.

helder_jb
10-16-2009, 03:24 PM
I just came back from Campos do Jordao, a city in the state of Sao Paulo, Brazil. Temperatures ranged from 9-17 celsius (48-62F). It was a 5-day trip, here is my packing list:

Worn
1 pr jeans
underwear
1 pr shoes
1 pr merino wool socks
jacket (containing my canon sx110 camera, headphones, flashlight)
undershirt
polo shirt
1 pr lightweight merino wool underpants

On bag
1 pr pants
1 pr merino wool socks
1 pr flip-flops
1 t-shirt
2 shirts
1 midweight merino wool long-sleeve shirt
2 pr underwear
zip lock with equipments (cell phone charger, extra battery, nimh charger, sd card reader)
gorillapod
small zip lock bag with basic medicine (tylenol, etc)
tom bihn 3d cube with toiletries
clothesline
sink stopper
a few cereal bars

Total weight of bag: 4.5kg (9.9lbs).

red
02-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Just for fun, I packed my Western Flyer all wrong. 16 shirts, 3 pairs of heavy pants, 8 pairs of socks and underwear. It all fit and still weighed 17.6 pounds, bag and strap included. Who says you need to do laundry every day or two?

I could get rid of a few shirts and trade the jeans and heavy canvas pants for lighter weight travel pants and easily have room for a sweater, fleece, and a pair of shoes, but I only bring extra shoes when I'm on a marathon trip and I can wear the sweater and a jacket on the plane.

Photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/47892074@N06/sets/72157623386225067/

--Red

PS--no, I don't really need 16 shirts, this was just a proof of concept project for me

ex machina
02-25-2010, 10:13 PM
That is a pretty impressive proof of concept. I had discounted the Western Flyer as too small for my needs but I may have to reevaluate that after viewing your photos.

red
02-25-2010, 10:26 PM
That is a pretty impressive proof of concept. I had discounted the Western Flyer as too small for my needs but I may have to reevaluate that after viewing your photos.

I'm still planning on getting an Aeronaut for those times when I need to bring the laptop (17" MacBook Pro) and its heavy charger or need to pack stuff for our children (8 and 10 years old) as I can get all of my and their stuff in one larger bag and still be at about 20 lbs total weight (or a bit more with the laptop). My wife refuses to give up her roller bag no matter how many times they make her gate check the stupid thing.

--Red

addiopolis
02-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Just for fun, I packed my Western Flyer all wrong. 16 shirts, 3 pairs of heavy pants, 8 pairs of socks and underwear. It all fit and still weighed 17.6 pounds, bag and strap included. Who says you need to do laundry every day or two?

Awesome! Yes, it's obviously excessive and overloaded. But, it's possible. I'd been debating for awhile about choosing one bag for carry-on only travel. I don't have any luggage right now, but I also don't have a lot of money. So choosing a tiny bag seems dangerous, yet I also thought it would help me learn to pack light. It looks as though I wouldn't have too if I didn't feel like it. It looks like the packing cubes really make it a lot easier to get everything in, and probably out. Thanks for the great series of pictures. I'm definitely leaning towards a Western Flyer.

foozler
02-26-2010, 02:11 PM
As a happy Aeronaut owner I've long thought about downsizing when possible. Your packing list and pictures clearly show the WF opportunities. Now if Tom would only bring out those two new contenders Darcy keeps mentioning, I could decide which would best fit my needs. Thanks again for your help.

helder_jb
05-23-2010, 07:22 AM
Last Sunday I came back from Europe, it was my first trip there and my Western Flyer was my sole luggage for the 18 days.

Here goes my packing list:

Jacket
2 pants (1 poly/cotton jeans and 1 tencel)
3 pairs of ExOfficio boxers
2 pr shoes (1 lightweight)
2 pr Tilley walking socks
1 pr Flip Flops
2 polo shirts
1 long-sleeve shirt
1 short-sleeve shirt
1 sweater
2 white undershirts
1 icebreaker midweight merino wool top (long sleeve)
1 smartwool legging
money belt
phone & charger
in-ear earphones (which can also mute sounds when I want to sleep)
4 nimh batteries & charger
camera (canon sx110)
gorillapod
flashlight (never go w/o one!)
spork
universal power plug (uk, europe, us)
nokia foldable keyboard (for smartphone)
sd reader
3-1-1 bag (this includes soap for washing clothes)
medicines
lightweight rain coat
sink stopper
inflatable hanger
clothesline

This is my whole packing list, including what I was wearing in the plane. I wore the heaviest clothes.

Total weight of the bag: 5.9kg (almost 13lb).

Most of the washing during the trip was made in sinks, but on day 10 we went to a launderette.

Here is a picture of the WF ready to leave the hostel:
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9821/img2592n.jpg

Ms. Ferret
11-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Here's what I stuffed into my WF - 2 long-sleeved merino blouses
- 2 short-sleeved merino blouses
- 3 merino tank tops
- 1 cotton tank
- 1 pair bike shorts
- 1 skirt
- 1 pair pajama pants
- 7 pairs Ex Officio underwear
- 1 extra bra
- 1 pair sandals
- 2 pairs wool socks
- 1 pair tabi socks
- 1 3-1-1 toiletries cube:
- half scrubby Salux towel
- 1 Skinvac washcloth
- 2 1 oz. squeeze bottles shampoo/conditioner
- Venus razor
- small dropper bottle SPF 50
- Irving Rice folding mirror
- tweezers
- eyelash curler (Japonesque folding)
- lipstick
- 1 oz pitotube mosquito repellent (CB Outside)
- pot of unpetroleum
- acetate comb
- roller bottle perfume
- 1 sheepskin "Elmer Fudd" hat
- 1 set silk long underwear (long-sleeved top and longjohns)
- Gifts:
- 6 pounds macadamia nuts
- 2 insulated shopping bags
- 4 calendars

Observations:
Ex Officio underwear is awesome.
Ibex and Icebreaker merino gear is also awesome.
Skinvac towels -- don't pack face wash or moisturizer -- this will take the grime off your face without the need to moisturize later.
Travel trick: to get extra-clean, cut a Salux washcloth in half lengthwise. It's like a loofah, only far better and easier to pack up. Dries instantly if you do the roll-in-towel-and-stomp method.

In retrospect I packed far too much for an 8-day trip, but the Western Flyer handled everything in style. I smugly (and without excessive bumping) passed all of the people trying to shove their rolling steamer trunks into the overhead compartments of the plane and effortlessly shoved the WF under my seat. Good times...

OnMyWay
07-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Packing list for my new WF on my recent trip to India. The WF wasn't my main bag, it was my briefcase/computer bag plus held clothes in case my checked bag was lost.

Here is the full list of what I packed when I left. The contents changed slightly at each stop of my trip as I moved the dirty clothes to the checked bag and moved the clothes I needed for the next stop into the WF. Weight was about 12 pounds. I did also carry on a small purse that didn’t really fit into the WF although I could have forced it in an emergency.

Front main compartment with divider unzipped (packed in a bundle):
2 pairs dress pants
1 lightweight cotton cardigan (this and the sweater was in the center of my bundle)
1 lightweight cotton sweater
1 blouse
2 short sleeve t-shirts
1 tank top
2 pairs underwear
Spare bra

Back main compartment (I was pleasantly surprised to see the two big pockets in this compartment, I don’t remember them being described on the web site):
Netbook computer fit perfectly in one pocket (I didn’t need a case since there was plenty of protection from the padded backing of the WF and the packing cube shoulder bag I stored next to the netbook)
Packing cube should bag containing non-liquid toiletries and personal items
Second pocket contained some work stuff, pens, notepad, etc. I used the key strap to attach my keys to hang into this pocket also.
Rectangular case with computer cables (similar to snake charmer but smaller I think), this fit perfectly at one end of the compartment
1 pair dress shoes fit between the PCSB and the computer cable case

Back pocket (I have the model without backpack straps):
Clear plastic folder (containing itinerary, boarding passes, etc.)
Newspaper

Front pockets:
Lower pocket – cell phone
Upper pocket – passport, clear organizer wallet
Water bottle pocket – 3-1-1 liquids bag

As I mentioned, I did also carry a small purse and my checked bag (21”) held the rest of my clothes and some additional work papers.

When going to meetings, the WF was emptied of clothes and just contained my netbook, work papers, etc. Not full, the WF looked great as a briefcase and conveniently held a water bottle in the front zipped pocket.

dorayme
07-02-2011, 09:38 PM
@ OnMyWay Can you photograph the pockets in the rear compartment. I'm pretty sure mine doesn't have these. Is yours the backpack or rollerblade style?

OnMyWay
07-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Here you go Dorayme--I have the rolling luggage pocket version of the WF.

This is the bag standing upright, the pockets are easy to reach into from the top:

Here is the bag fully unzipped. You can see my key strap hanging from an o-ring in one of the pockets. The pockets hold a lot but are flat if you don't want to put anything in them.

blackfungi
07-03-2011, 06:32 AM
either the newer wester flyer have those inner pockets or the pockets only come with the rolling luggage version. i know for sure that my western flyer back pack version does not have those two pockets. what about you guys? i bought mine in 2010.

dorayme
07-03-2011, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the picture. I definitely do not have those in my May 2011 WF. I would like them though. Darcy, are these not on the backpack version?

gmanedit
07-03-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't have a Western Flyer, but I would think open pockets in a horizontal orientation would be impractical in a backpack—the contents would fall out in vertical orientation.

dorayme
07-03-2011, 02:28 PM
What about the original curved water bottle pocket on the original sling WF? I think the pockets would be useful for organization and the contents would be fine as long as the bag is zipped closed.

moriond
07-03-2011, 03:32 PM
What about the original curved water bottle pocket on the original sling WF? I think the pockets would be useful for organization and the contents would be fine as long as the bag is zipped closed.
I have the original WF with curved water bottle pocket and sling, but that model does not have the two pockets shown in the photo.

moriond

dorayme
07-03-2011, 06:55 PM
@moriond, I was commenting on gmanedit's supposition of the usefulness of a horizontal pocket on a backpack bag. :) I guess I should have quoted what I was responding to. Sorry for the confusion.
That and the pockets on the backpack version may be horizontal when the bag is set down or carried by the top handle and then change to vertical when it is carried by the backpack straps, or by one of the end grab handles.
My WF has been carried in 3 directions and placed in 4 that I know of when we were traveling last weekend. Also if it weren't meant to be carried horizontally, I don't think Tom would have put on the shoulder strap attachment points. I guess what I am saying is that the bag is meant to be carried in many orientations, so those pockets, imho would be useful, and when the bag is loaded and zippered, I would think the contents would remain secure, regardless of the orientation.

Darcy
07-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the picture. I definitely do not have those in my May 2011 WF. I would like them though. Darcy, are these not on the backpack version?

I asked Tom, and he said:

There aren't open-top pockets on the back of the Western Flyer Backpack Straps version for two reasons:
1) The pockets (and their contents potentially) would ride against your back when you use the bag as a backpack, instead of the smooth fabric and foam padding that's there now.
2) And, as gmanedit noted, the pockets are designed to be used when the bag is in the landscape orientation (as the Western Flyer roll-aboard pocket version is always), not in the portrait orientation of a backpack: stuff would fall out when you use the bag as a backpack. We could put zippers on the pockets, but then the zippers might be uncomfortable against your back.

dorayme
07-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I figured he had thought it through. . . I guess if I want interior pockets on my WF I need to look to my pouches, and stuff sacks. Thanks Darcy for the quick response.

thisisme
08-10-2011, 06:49 PM
I wanted to present a packing list that shows what a woman who's around 5' 5" and 120 lbs can carry in the Western Flyer.
I actually have two lists: the maxed out list, where I crammed in as much stuff as possible, and the comfortable list, where things fit comfortably. The maxed out list involves sitting on the bag to close it. I wouldn't recommend it.

One notable thing is that you **can** get two bulky pairs of shoes in. In my case, it was a pair of runners and a pair of heels. I managed to get these in AND overpack my clothes.

The maxed out packing list
====================
6 tank tops
8 tops
2 sweaters
5 pr jeans
2 pr shoes (heels and runners)
7 undies
3 bras
4 socks
1 rain jacket
electronics for phone and iPod
toiletries
hairbrush

Here is a picture:

The comfortable list
===============
2 tank tops
6 tops
2 jeans
2 sweaters
1 jacket
2 socks
5 undies
2 bras
2 socks
1 shoes
toiletries
brush (not shown)

Here is a picture:

You could easily add a dress and a pair of flip flops.

blackfungi
08-10-2011, 06:59 PM
I wanted to present a packing list that shows what a woman who's around 5' 5" and 120 lbs can carry in the Western Flyer.
I actually have two lists: the maxed out list, where I crammed in as much stuff as possible, and the comfortable list, where things fit comfortably. The maxed out list involves sitting on the bag to close it. I wouldn't recommend it.

One notable thing is that you **can** get two bulky pairs of shoes in. In my case, it was a pair of runners and a pair of heels. I managed to get these in AND overpack my clothes.

The maxed out packing list
====================
6 tank tops
8 tops
2 sweaters
5 pr jeans
2 pr shoes (heels and runners)
7 undies
3 bras
4 socks
1 rain jacket
toiletries
hairbrush

Here is a picture:

The comfortable list
===============
2 tank tops
6 tops
2 jeans
2 sweaters
1 jacket
2 socks
5 undies
2 bras
2 socks
1 shoes
toiletries
brush (not shown)

Here is a picture:

You could easily add a dress and a pair of flip flops.

haha, i had to laugh at the comment that you had to sit on the western flyer for the maxed out packing list. that was indeed a lot of clothes but even the comfortable list is not too shabby either, quite a lot of clothes there.

did you use any of the t.b. packing cubes? or did you use the bundle wrap method?

dorayme
08-10-2011, 07:03 PM
thanks for sharing thisisme, isn't the WF a WONDERFUL bag? I love it for the types of trips I usually take, 1-5 days. I could probably do longer though with creative wardrobing and washing.

thisisme
08-11-2011, 06:14 AM
did you use any of the t.b. packing cubes? or did you use the bundle wrap method?

Yes, I did use packing cubes, not the bundle wrap.
I really think that the packing cubes are the way to go with the WF, for this reason:

You know the front divider thing? If you leave that zipped up, then you can't flatten the bag out to pack it. The only way to pack the front without cubes would be to unzip the divider, pack each side, and then gingerly zip up the divider. <--that seems annoying. However, with the small packing cubes, you can pack everything into the cubes first and then slide the cubes into their pre-zipped slots. It works really well.

The other nice thing about these cubes, specifically the Tom Bihn cubes, is that they fit exactly your bag. You are truly maximizing the space in the bag. I don't think you'd get that with bundle packing.

Lastly, you can take out the cubes and "live out of them", which seems really convenient to me.

I actually only got 1 small packing cube, and 2 large. I figured I would only need 1 small packing cube because the other side of the divider would be for shoes, which don't need a cube.

I got two large cubes. The reason is that I will occasionally want to use the WF for my kids' clothes. In this scenario, I'd want to use 1 cube per child. That works well too :-) The large cubes can more than handle my kids' clothing.

thisisme
08-11-2011, 06:24 AM
thanks for sharing thisisme, isn't the WF a WONDERFUL bag? I love it for the types of trips I usually take, 1-5 days. I could probably do longer though with creative wardrobing and washing.

It is! And I got the same one as you: ultraviolet and steel :-) For the life of me, I can't seem to capture the exact steel or ultraviolet colour for some reason! It either looks too washed out or too pink...

Anyway, yes I agree with you. The great thing about this bag is how, with a few small touches (like the un-zippable front divider) the bag becomes incredibly versatile :-)

With regards to creative packing for longer stays: yes, I agree, and it doesn't even need to be all that creative! My feeling is that you can wear a shirt at least twice before washing (if it's not too hot) and pants and least 4 times. So really, 6 shirts should last 12 days, and 3 pants should last 12 days, so this combo should, in theory, last for a 12-day trip... :-) This amount of clothing can easily fit into the WF.

ncb4
08-11-2011, 06:59 AM
Wow! It's incredible how much you were able to pack in your Western Flyer. I've got a Tri-Star, and I wouldn't have thought it possible to get that much stuff even in the bigger bag. I don't have a trip planned for a while, you've inspired me to do a test pack of the TS to see if I can get as many clothes in it as you did in your WF. I normally carry a laptop and electronic gear in its center compartment, but for this challenge, I'll leave those out.

dorayme
08-11-2011, 08:24 AM
You are most definitely right if you can rewear your clothes. Can you imagine thinner, lighter travel specific clothing? You could pack so much more!

Lani
08-11-2011, 11:18 AM
The comfortable list
===============
2 tank tops
6 tops
2 sweaters
Holy moly, you pack a lot of clothes!!!

Do you think you could pack with fewer tops?

thisisme
08-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Holy moly, you pack a lot of clothes!!!

Do you think you could pack with fewer tops?

Hmmm...what would you suggest? 3 tops and 2 tanks (the tanks are for layering.) Two sweaters (lightweight) seem reasonable, no?
I remember reading your 'utra minimalist packing list' on your site, so maybe I'll have a re-read...

@dorayme: yes, just lightweight pants alone (instead of jeans) would really reduce the weight and girth of the bag. All I have for pants are jeans (in varying colours) so I'll have to start introducing lighter weight options over the coming months/year.

backpack
08-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Hmmm...what would you suggest? 3 tops and 2 tanks (the tanks are for layering.) Two sweaters (lightweight) seem reasonable, no?
I remember reading your 'utra minimalist packing list' on your site, so maybe I'll have a re-read...

@dorayme: yes, just lightweight pants alone (instead of jeans) would really reduce the weight and girth of the bag. All I have for pants are jeans (in varying colours) so I'll have to start introducing lighter weight options over the coming months/year.

I find this the ideal number of clothes.

One has to be able to mix and match a wardrobe and there is always the time when the weather or a dash through the airport makes one sweat.
This means that one top, is out of commission unless one does sink washing right away.

Sink washing is doable when one is traveling at a leisurely pace but add children needs or deadlines for events, meetings and conferences, then, evening time is just busy.

Either, finding snacks and/or calming activities for children so they can sleep.

Brushing up on next day presentation, set up wardrobe (many times that means ironing), toiletries and repack the conference/meeting/event bag for the next day, takes time.

I am not a morning person, so I have to do all that in the evening.

I also have to make sure to get a wake up call to get to the breakfast area early enough to get to my destination or the airport on time.

I also need to eat at a reasonable time before bedtime.

Sometimes, two tops are just not enough.

Maria
08-12-2011, 06:14 AM
ThisIsMe - such a help to see the comparison lists! There are times when you have to pack more, but still want to take one bag, even if it will be a little bulky or you have to sit on it to get it to close! :)

I find it easier to pack for winter travel. Plus I take items from "Icebreaker" brand that are light weight, warm, and can be hand washed. Also, I'm boring and tend to pack all black for clothing!

thisisme
08-12-2011, 06:17 AM
@backpack @lani -- the thing is, let's say I remove 2 or 3 tops from the list. The net loss in terms of weight/bulk isn't much at all. It barely puts a dent in the overall size and weight of the bag. So, my feeling was, hey, why not add a couple more tops in case I come across hotter or colder than expected weather? If I could get some good pants (maybe leggings?) to use instead of jeans, that would make a big dent.

thisisme
08-12-2011, 06:21 AM
ThisIsMe - such a help to see the comparison lists! There are times when you have to pack more, but still want to take one bag, even if it will be a little bulky or you have to sit on it to get it to close! :)

I find it easier to pack for winter travel. Plus I take items from "Icebreaker" brand that are light weight, warm, and can be hand washed. Also, I'm boring and tend to pack all black for clothing!

I love icebreaker! Aside from the really nice clothhing, my brother lives in NZ so I have an affinity to this brand :-)
Another brand I'm really loving is "Lole" with an umlaut on the 'e'. They have polyester/wool blend clothing - doesn't smell or wrinkle. Dries quickly. Stylish (IMO). :-)

Maria
08-12-2011, 07:15 AM
I love icebreaker! Aside from the really nice clothhing, my brother lives in NZ so I have an affinity to this brand :-)
Another brand I'm really loving is "Lole" with an umlaut on the 'e'. They have polyester/wool blend clothing - doesn't smell or wrinkle. Dries quickly. Stylish (IMO). :-)

Oh thank you for the recommendation ThisIsMe! I appreciate it. I find I can pack a great deal of Icebreaker into my bags, the tops are light and pack small. (I want to visit New Zealand…and I'll bring an empty Wester Flyer to fill it with Icebreaker for the return trip.)

Waves to Ottawa from Toronto!

Cheers!

backpack
08-12-2011, 08:02 AM
@backpack @lani -- the thing is, let's say I remove 2 or 3 tops from the list. The net loss in terms of weight/bulk isn't much at all. It barely puts a dent in the overall size and weight of the bag. So, my feeling was, hey, why not add a couple more tops in case I come across hotter or colder than expected weather? If I could get some good pants (maybe leggings?) to use instead of jeans, that would make a big dent.

Light weight cotton jeans for summer and microfiber pants for a dressier look is what I pack.

You are spot on about the leggings especially for autumn and winter.

Love your lovely wardrobe! :)

jannilee
10-07-2011, 10:48 AM
I am copying this from the WF colours thread as it really belongs here...

Okay, I LOVE this bag. In fact my tristar may be looking for a new home very soon! While the packing cube shoulder bag may be useful, I prefer the smaller eagle creek packing cubes so may return this.

I did a test packing this morning:
in the divided compartment...
double sided half cube(EC)
1short sleeve shirt
1 long sleeve shirt
1 pullover
pjs

EC 1/4 cube
2 ex officio briefs
3pr socks

ec 1/4 cube
ipad charger
camera, charger, extra battery, iPad camera adapter,

spare shoes
soap, deodorant

In the undivided compartment...
2 pants (one dress, one travel pants)

Water bottle pocket
3-1-1 bag
big pocket - iPad

small pocket - nothing yet but probably travel docs

Total weight??
TADA!!!!!!! 11lb flat and lots of room for more stuff

Have I said I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this bag???

dorayme
10-07-2011, 11:06 PM
I brought my WF to the beach to be my drawers in our Travel Trailer. I rarely fly. Most of my travel is via car (truck or minivan), and much of it anymore is time in out Travel Trailer. Our unit has overhead cabinets and bed side wardrobes for hanging clothes, but no drawer for folded clothes in the master bedroom.

I am at the beach for a conference for church, so I need both recreational, casual and somewhat dress clothes. Plus the weather drastically changes through the day here this time of year. I wasn't concerned with packing light this time, just in having the necessary items to be comfortable.

My conference clothes are hanging in my wardrobe, my shoes are hanging on a shoe organizer, so neither of these items made it to my packing list. But here's what's in my Western Flyer:

Front divided pocket nekkid:
extra packable jacket/windbreaker
Travel pants
Leggins
Small Dyneema op with iPad and iPhone chargers
Small Cork op with miff
Mini wasabi with camera
Charger for camera nekkid because I was grabbing things at the end
Room to spare

On other side, in PCSB
Undies x5
Bras x5
2 full coverage 2 piece swim suits
Socks
Pj's
Slip
Spanx
Room to spare

In other half of bag, folded drawer style vs, bundled because my intention us to live out of the bag for my trip
Pair of skinny jeans
Pair of boot cut cords
4 LS tee/henly style tops
3 SS tee/lightweight polo tops
2 cycling skirts
Pair of cycling shorts with padded Lycra under shorts
Room to spare

Nothing in the pockets, full sized toiletries fit into a shop bag into the bathroom and other items have been stored ot stashed elsewhere.

My WF is perfect fit to slide into the space under my wardrobe and above the super deep nightstand. The front grab handles make it easy to retrieve and the internal organization helps to keep everything just where it needs to be so that when we are rushing from one activity to the next, it's neat, organized, easy to find, and not wrinkled.

I wouldn't have thought my Western Flyer or any bag for that matter would have been this useful in our TT. I was used to stowing our things and going. I doubt I will travel without it in out TT again, that is unless I am using some other TB bag in it's place!

TavaPeak
10-09-2011, 07:35 AM
I wouldn't have thought my Western Flyer or any bag for that matter would have been this useful in our TT. I was used to stowing our things and going. I doubt I will travel without it in out TT again, that is unless I am using some other TB bag in it's place!

Great idea for the RV! Sounds like a really great solution - and a whole new marketing demographic for TB. ;-) I take my Tristar to the cabin, but it's a bit big when all 4 of us + choc lab + groceries go in one car. Hmmm

gauberger
04-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Can anyone comment on the usefulness of the backpack straps vs the handle pocket?