PDA

View Full Version : Question about Tom Bihn labels

mplsnst
02-28-2009, 02:12 PM
This may seem like an odd question, but are Tom Bihn labels simply sewn onto the bags, or are they glued as well? I ask because I'm not much of a fan of visible labels on bags and clothing, so I usually remove them. This is generally fine with sewn-only labels, but when glue is used it tends to work much less well...

timarelay
02-28-2009, 03:16 PM
This may seem like an odd question, but are Tom Bihn labels simply sewn onto the bags, or are they glued as well? I ask because I'm not much of a fan of visible labels on bags and clothing, so I usually remove them. This is generally fine with sewn-only labels, but when glue is used it tends to work much less well...

I've personally never removed a label from a bag, but I bought a large cafe bag off ebay that had the front label removed and you can't tell that there used to be anything there.

mruseless
03-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Funny you should ask about this. I purchased an Empire Builder about 2 years ago, and took the label off. The funny thing is that I ended up sewing it back on! The reason was that I ended up talking about the bag to a lot of people I met, and a few asked me about it as well.

So yes, it is only sewn on as far as I know.